Long Term Goals and Missions

Aside from building and creating the only other aspect to keep players interested in the game is going to be long term missions\goals. And I don’t mean objectives like hunt 100 spitters, then hunt 500 spitters…and so on and so on. BORED!!! Im talking about implementing some extreme long term goals with extreme rewards. I’m sure the DEVS have some stuff in mind but I want to know what you all would like to see in regards to extreme missions. Now I’m not comparing this game to minecraft, but in minecraft there was always the goal of finding the ender dragon, fighting it, and ultimately winning the game. Regradless of how pointless it was at least it was there. What I want to see is maybe some kind of up-gradable machines that have some extreme upgrades which become more and more extreme to obtain. Something that you may help a friend accomplish just so you could have it in a town. The key word here is EXTREME. Here are some more ideas:

1. A tool that is extremely hard to craft but has some sort of extreme ability. Theres no limit to what this could be.
  2. A machine that allows you to craft very specific items but requires a ton of material to build.
  3. A weapon that requires an extreme amount of material to craft but can maybe damage blocks aside from animals.

The point is I would like to have goals that not only take a very long time to complete but the reward is worth it. Think replay-ability.

4 Likes

So I’m not sure what the dev/community stance is on “armor” or similar wearable item systems, but these are my personal thoughts on what could keep me personally(emphasized for good reason) around for-pretty-much-ever.

• Aesthetics for characters. Could be armor, capes, maybe even just hats. But wearing something to distinguish end-game players from others has always been one of my favorite MMO systems.

• Titans, if they are still planned/in the game sound like an awesome end-game goal. I would love to be able to go with a guild to hunt these monstrosities and reap their rewards. Perhaps some worldbosses could be stronger than others, requiring materials to be acquired from their lesser counterparts to vanquish. Idk I just love monster hunter :smile:

• Maybe planets that are incredibly difficult to survive on without a group of adventurers loaded with diamond slingbows and grapples, but have new block types and materials not found anywhere else. Think about being able to show your prestige by building with block types/textures/tints that very few others have. Would stimulate the hell out of the economy as well, and provide a reason for end-game players to interact with players still on the starter worlds that visit towns!

I think there is a lot of potential with the complexity of the world generation in Boundless to have designed/natural worlds slowly come into existance as the game grows that provide players that have conquered all else to find new and exciting adventures. I don’t know how well the idea of “raids” or anythign like that would fit in, but certainly new planets with new worldbosses roaming about could provide for endless fun.

For me personally endgame for all MMOs is usually about the aesthetics, whether it’s the buildings or the wearables. I farmed the hell out of transmogs while being the best healer in my guild. Guess which one i cared about more? I think skill trees are the dankest thing humans have ever created, but I like to know that others can see my accomplishments and how little life I have outside this game

EDIT: There is a ‘Titles’ tab in the test version that i just noticed. So there’s definitely that to look forward to :wink:

4 Likes

Everything you just said…I love :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

And everything mentioned is on the list.

Wearables, Titans, harder planets, better machines, there’s a word of things to come.

5 Likes

^.^ i feel slightly guilty that I didn’t do much reading beforehand, or I likely could have known that. Super excited to hear this though!

4 Likes

Ok good. Its quick posts like this that save many of us hours of reading. :grin:

4 Likes

Don’t even worry about it, there’s a lot of information I don’t know about, if there’s a walking encyclopedia that would be @Havok40k or @Stretchious

3 Likes

Still a lot to be released, and no much details as of yet

End game play goals are based around each of the major professions. For fighters and adventurous players, there will be a variety of Titans to hunt down and conquer. Temples and other oortian ruins may act as various stepping stones to reaching that goal, much like dungeons in WoW.

For builders and crafters, there are a few options. The capital city mechanic is a large part of this, but there are also plans for creating airships from the remains of conquered titans. Maybe even as a staging ground for attacking titans?

For traders, there is ever the quest for more money! Rarer items, unique tradeables, and legions of eager adventures eager for your wares!

3 Likes