Longer Viewing Distance

I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to increase the max viewing distance / rendering distance? If it’s client-side anyway, it wouldn’t lag servers, just depends on how well the PC (PS4/XBOX?) handles it.

Here is my reasoning. I love to look at my builds. I love them close up, but I even more love so doing it from a far, where I can see all the little details and city come together as one. Now, I can only see a house or two before the textures start fading out. I would love to be able to see, naturally not every texture and so forth, but I would at least like to see the lines of the buildings clearly, without being blurred or rendered as big chunk of block, not being able to see what is there.

Here is an example:

In the far distance, under the treeline on the other side of the lake, you just see random clutter, not being able to see my medium sized village. But not only that, The wall in front of me is already fading out - and that’s not far.

I would like to be able to see my village roughly in the same detail as the trees in the middle right side of the picture, that would be lovely. Since it’s clien tside, why not?

Edit: I have all graphics on max.

Thanks,
Quimby

2 Likes

might not fix it, but have ya turned off minimum and target minimum FPS?

Believe having target minimum makes the game downgrade its graphics to meet the requirement, so disabling might fix the issue