Looking for detailed description off graphic options

alot on the list im completly in the blue what to do with
is there some extra info on this?

Which ones are you confused about? We can do our best to answer you… (the community)

1 Like

ok il make a list of the ones i dont know give me a day :slight_smile:

1 Like

heres list
-anti aliasing
-distortion
-vsync
-target fps
-minimum fps
-and the chunk options

also tell me wich other options will slower my game down
if ya want :slight_smile: @willcrutchley

im afk in sanctum it sounds like warzone hahah

oh and i lowered chunk options longtime ago to get faster portals thats all i know
rest is on medium in graphics or mostly off
perpixel option crashes me alot…;

The cost does vary depending on CPU and GPU, either can be your bottleneck. The simple way to see which is turn on the F1 debug profiling information that shows the FPS. Then go in to the options and set the Screen Resolution to a quarter. If the FPS jump a lot then your GPU limited.

• Draw Distance - more CPU than GPU cost normally.
  • Terrain Detail - How quickly the terrain changes level of detail (ie merge 8 voxels together to be one). Anything above HIGH needs a good CPU and GP. Ultimate is very expensive and uses a lot of VRAM, as well as a lot of network bandwdith.
  • Object Detail - the distance props (torches/plinth/plants/effects etc) are drawn. Cost varies a lot. In cities etc is can be very expensive above HIGH. More CPU than GPU cost.
  • Foliage Quality - all GPU and moderate to high cost depending on how much is visible.
  • Reflections - reasonably high, eg 10% of cost, both CPU and GPU, again depends on whats reflected.
  • Pre-pixel Lighting, a very high GPU cost, but make a very large difference to look. Really you need this on.
  • Smooth normals (the smoothing on the edges of the voxels) is high GPU cost (single most expensive shader).
  • Anti aliasing (smooth jagged edges) - some cost, all GPU
  • Depth of field (blur in the distance) - moderate cost on GPU
  • Bloom (glow around bright object ) - moderate cost on GPU
  • God Rays (rays through trees looking at the sun) - moderate cost on GPU
  • Lense Flare - halo around lights - need to check that but low to moderate on GPU
  • Distortion (wobble on the torches etc) - moderate cost all GPU
  • Texture Blending (the blend when two different voxel) - moderate cost on GPU, though adds a lot to the time it take for chunks to be meshed and VRAM used.
  • vysnc is how the screen updates.With it on it waits until the monitor is ready to update (usually 60hz) to update the screen. You get higher (or the same) fps with it off but will see screen tearing where it swaps mid frame (unless you have a g-sync or freesync monitor and GPU).
  • Target FPS. This is how fast the game attempts to run. Usually you would aim for the monitor refresh rate (eg 60hz) . You can get a smoother experience by setting, say, 30hz if you fps is bobbling around eg sometimes 40, sometimes 30.
  • Minimium Target FPS. If the fps drops below this the game lower the Terrain Detail and Object Detail in an attempt to keep the fps above this. The goal of this is to stop some low fps in complex scenes.
10 Likes

wow thanks man this is what i need gonna study it so i know what it all means :smile: