Looking for forgers and crafters #SUNSET FORGE MARKET

I’m still searching for forgers and crafters who would like to join my community project :slight_smile:
This post shall make it easier for people to see what is still available.

Following forging categories are still free to take:

Building & Gleambow Totems
Lucents tools
T7 tools
T4 tools
T3 tools
T1 (& T2) tools
Liquid Solidifier
Effekt bombs (speed, strength, shield)
Heal Bombs
Loot & Glow Totems
Damage Bombs
Fists
Lucent Bombs

Crafter jobs:

Brews
(Blank unforged tools, weapons, equipments/forge ingredients)

——————————————————————————————

Who would be interested in any of these forging or crafting jobs?

I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart that is supporting THE SUNSET FORGE MARKET with its game- and community-supporting mission :sunny:

2 Likes

Edit: First post edited.
Topic is still active :slight_smile: forgers and crafters still needed

I would still be interested in running a shop, be it a forger shop or a crafter shop. - I just love the idea of ​​being able to find everything in one place. I had to run to dozens of shops every day to buy the T6 hammers I needed.

However, I am afraid that hardly anyone or anyone at all can match HOST’s prices. For example me, I’ve now also mastered forgen (I can’t stand it, but…), if I were to do a T4 shop now, for example, I would have to charge as much for my tools as HOST does for his T6 to stand plus minus zero i want to make a little profit then i would have to charge a higher price than HOST for his T6.

And let’s be honest, who would pay as much or more for T4 Tools when they can get T6 Tools for the same price or even cheaper?

And with the crafter shops, you could do something there, but there are also some other players who have big shops and offer tons of very cheap tools, concoctions and pies.

@Balkinus If you gather your materials instead of buying then you should still be able to make a decent amount of coin. Host has hammers with a very low speed bonus which make them lower quality and can be sold cheaper . With you making T4 you will need less points into damage which will give you more points to spend on speed or durability, this will result in a higher quality tool that can be sold for the same price as Hosts T6. Even if you decide to buy your mats you will end up with profit so go for it.

1 Like

Don’t.

The game is a little quiet right now. “A little” lol. figure out how much it costs you to make a hammer, and charge appropriately. People will probably still buy your stuff, especially if it’s not right next to HOST’s. Or, when he runs out. Or, whatever. Even if it is.

It’s not even the type of forging I like, and I haven’t done this since 2020 but I was never able to keep a T6-capable hammer on a shop stand for more than a few days if it didn’t have defects. And at that time there were several well known forgers still stocking full time. Aenea competed for a minute, said “Forget it” and still couldn’t keep her shop stocked at “high” prices.

If your goal is to “make forged tools and sell them” you should do that, and charge appropriately.

If your goal is to “do something cheaper than another player” then HOST is a hard target :thinking:

EDIT: bold on the 2020 remark because I don’t need to hear it’s different now,. I know it is. The comment is made to point out the mechanic, not the current economy. Sales are less now but also competition is much, much less.

2 Likes

This is kind of reassuring to hear. I made shotgun slings initially that people didn’t prefer. Based on feedback, i replaced ALL the shotguns with the desired boons. Haven’t sold any in some time xD. Had to raise the price though because it is harder being very strict on getting the same 3 boons every single time (multishot + dmg + speed). Not sure if that is the reason people arent’t buying or are they just not hunting now xD

1 Like

It’s not like the guy has a monopoly on this. There’s alot of people who simply don’t want to work within his shop environment and prefer to have their own shop on their own planet/space.

That said, we’re in a lull for at least the next year for player count. So there’s also a supply/demand issue here as well. I think if you have moderate income goals, you can still make a profit provided you advertise yourself and make connections with people. There’s alot of rich players who aren’t going to quibble over a couple thousand coins in markup.

1 Like

It’s also heard to remember that the forum is a bit of an echo chamber. At the best of times, maybe 15 - 20% of active players will participate at all. A made up number but, I’m sure you can see what I’m saying.

There’s a certain amount of “you do you” required. And if you were stocking slingbows that most people won’t forge, and someone who wanted that found you, you might become their main tool merchant and etc… as well. IF you’re stocking all of those items of course. Just presented for example.

At the end of the day for someone who is really burning up tools, the difference between a 6k coin tool and a 10k coin tool is negligible. I have stacks and stacks of hammers bought from 5 - 7k. If I find myself out and my only tool breaks I might buy a tool at a convenient spot rather than go all the way home and back. This is especially true at block farms and the like.

You might find even HOST charging more for a tool at a farm than he would at a market. It’s good business :man_shrugging:

Some things are true across all “markets” it seems but having too narrow a focus on price point, or trying to cater too specifically to one particular playstyle takes a different sort of focus IMO.

Without flourishing malls or central shopping people are grabbing that stuff (conveniently) on the way to the hunt I would guess. In personal answer to you, I literally haven’t ‘hunted’ in almost two years, past chasing down the occasional random meteor. But it seems like many hunt lodges, hubs, etc… have some stands around so if you aren’t looking for bulk, or shopping for fun, a lot of that is already “on the way” to the activity.

Definitely an argument for some people pulling together something like the sunset forge market :grinning:

My shops are gone from Gyosha now, not sure when/if I’ll build in a shared space again. But when I need stuff I’ll shop here :+1:

Exactly. If you want to make easy or regular sales to randoms you can either bring people to you, or go get in their way. Price is moderately important here but still trumped by location Which just means proximity to utility in boundless, most of which is player-created anyways.

IMO any player who understands the economy of their tool is going to be comfortable in a +/- 20% range around their anchor price at current margins. And the current margins are maintained really by people still competing on price mainly, vs. legacy price points.

Also to note consumables are different. I would never have even considered HOST as competition for tool selling - have you seen what he’s done for consumable/material prices?

I want to note this is different from gear/style purchasing. Hardcore universe wide price point vs. volume comparison via BUTT :wink:

If I need a bow the forgers name might mean more to me than the price point. Personally if I need hammers I’m trying for a large direct deal and if I’m in a bind for a single hammer I don’t care what it costs.

But if you’re selling materials that’s all price.

1 Like

If BUTT actually showed the Forged Item’s stats I’d only use BUTT to find my tools.

3 Likes

True. Maybe some day that will happen.

Good forged items are still no problem when you invest time to look for them. But most people don’t want to look for the items and then claim they are not available.

If there is a problem that forged items are no longer available then I will start forging again for my public shop.

For now I am forging only maxed out tools for a small group of people and those I sell for only 8000c.
Compared to HOSTS lower quality tools my tools really are a bargain.

What I want most of all is that I am the one that decides what price I sell my stuff for. I don’t really look at the market or pay much attention to what others think I should sell the items for.
Just do what you think is right.
I am keeping a selective small group very happy and that is my contribution to the game as a forger.

2 Likes

I have a few “go to” shops and a few backups. I usually just forge my own if it really comes down to it.

I do however, like to keep the coin flowing so if I have some extra I do try and find a random shop and just buy something I might or might not need :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Edit: Category got claimed and removed out of the list and categories got splitted.
New separated Solidifier, Loot Totems and Building/Gleambow Totems.

Beginner Equipment shop got claimed by @L3g3ndaryPhoenix

Beginner Equipment shop free. It’s little to none forge but lots crafting required.

I would still like to run the T1 Tool Shop and/or the Farming Tool Shop, but…

Beginner Equipment shop claimed by “Justone”

Previously we did not come to an agreement, but i will give you the possibility to take a shop spot - with the agreement that you contact me if you have any worries, concerns, uncertainties and questions about your shop. Since we will work together and need to make it work together. You know my contact data. Is also more convenient for you since we can talk in german.

My recommendation as already mentioned, Tier 1 is probably not for you. While it seams harmless at first sight, there are people wanting max durability, max speed and aoe on those tools at the same time. This difficulty is more for advanced, experienced forgers and people with a steady good supply of forge materials.

You can take the farming tools. I don’t ask for damage defect - that could be challenging and complicated. Basically you grab wooden tools, stone tools, metals or Amethyst/topaz to have the least possible damage due to aoe boon to not destroy soils and environment and only harvest the plants. So aoe, and then you can forge on top for example glow, magnet, durability. Any combination and any quality is possible.

Howsoever, as mentioned, even more useful is, if you get the damage decrease defect to really avoid damaging the area. To forge that though would be a costly fun.

———————

Zuvor haben wir uns nicht einigen können, aber ich gebe Dir die Möglichkeit, einen Shop-Platz zu ergattern – mit der Vereinbarung, dass Du mich kontaktierst, wenn Du Sorgen, Bedenken, Unsicherheiten und Fragen zu Deinem Shop hast.
Da wir zusammenarbeiten werden und zusammen dafür sorgen müssen, dass es funktioniert. Du kennst meine Kontaktdaten. Ist auch praktischer für Dich da wir uns privat auf Deutsch unterhalten können.

Meine Empfehlung wie bereits erwähnt, Tier 1 ist wahrscheinlich nichts für Dich. Während es auf den ersten Blick harmlos erscheint, gibt es Leute, die gleichzeitig maximale Haltbarkeit, maximale Geschwindigkeit und AOE auf diesen Werkzeugen wollen. Diese Schwierigkeit ist eher etwas für fortgeschrittene, erfahrene Schmiede und Menschen mit einem stetig guten Vorrat und Belieferung an Schmiedematerialien.

Du kannst Kategorie Farm Tools nehmen. Ich verlange keinen Schadensreduzierer Defekt - das könnte herausfordernd und kompliziert sein. Grundsätzlich greift man zu Holzwerkzeugen, Steinwerkzeugen, Metallen oder Amethyst/Topas um möglichst wenig Schaden durch aoe boon (Flächenangriffs-Segen) zu haben um Böden und Umwelt nicht zu zerstören und nur die Pflanzen zu ernten. Also aoe, und dann kann man zum Beispiel Glühen, Magnet, Haltbarkeit oben drauf schmieden. Jede Kombination und jede Qualität ist möglich.

Noch sinnvoller ist es aber, wie erwähnt, wenn man den Schadensverringerungsdefekt bekommt, um das Gebiet wirklich nicht zu beschädigen. Das zu schmieden wäre allerdings ein kostspieliger Spaß.

1 Like

Tier 5 Tools, Pies, Augments and Farm Tools got claimed!

What a busy time!

2 Likes