Looking to join a mall

But have some questions.

Is there a rent or tax that’s customary for having a beacon connected?

Is there a limit to what you can sell?

Does it matter how mind-numbingly awful your color scheme is for your shop area?

Where is the cake?

The cake is a lie!

2 Likes

Hi! Check out the Naughty Mall! We have shop space available and it’s active. We are just about finished with the remodel as we will be having a Grand Re-opening.:blush:

1 Like

the sunken town mall is free but we put ya on a faction(your shop is a faction and its beacon is on our GC) and you get payed a equal amount off footfall as all the other shops we have from a oneplot shop until a shop estate spaces and we have prebuild our custom basically any type off shop beside our system you can also go private(with our without faction system) :smile: think the only thing we ask but not oblige is sponsoring the metro to your district
¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°The Sunken Town Off Aquatopia °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°` we at soft launch but full launch gonna be pretty soon

1 Like

Thanks for responding, guys!

Moebs, you guys are doing a copy of Aquatopia from EA, right?

2 Likes

yeah its exactly the same but in mozaik and bricks and ten times bigger :slight_smile:
in worldhub ultima use the big aqua portal and ya there

Shweet. I’ll have to check that out. I’m looking to consider all options, but that’s promising

its set up so it acts like a transfer between ultima world hub and aquatopian embassy

1 Like

How you set up your shop can be a factor in sales, in my opinion. I won’t go into a shop that is too cluttered, if there are too many stands, I don’t like the feeling of being trapped in, I want room to move. Some don’t care.

Putting the glass cases on top of what you are selling can bother some, it can make it harder to see the info and what the price is. Can’t see the prices because of plants that are used for decorations, I know that I like to see what is being asked and I don’t want to have to work around the price that is on a sign and can’t see what it is.

Colors can be a factor, if it is overwhelming it can be a turnoff, that doesn’t mean you can’t have color, but don’t have it all bright and glaring, have a focal point maybe of a color that is close to your stands to stand out and attract shopper but let the rest not distract from what you are selling.

It 's not a disco (just dated myself, lol), so don’t have a lot of flashing lights (LEDS) as that can be distracting; some players like it others don’t. Depends on who you are appealing to.

What to sell? Think of what you have to do to gather what is needed. Food, brews, can you do the gathering of what is needed to make them, spend the time not just in collecting them but the time in making them? Persisting pies have I think 12 steps and a mass craft can take from start to finish several hours, not counting the time collecting the mats. Do you have the time to do all that? How many hours in a day can you spend on the game? You need to be able to visit your shop preferably everyday, at least four times in a week to keep it stocked.

A mix and match, hodge-podge of items, same aspect, can you collect them and have the time to make them and are they something that others players can easily make so why spend the money for it? Some items I have seen you can make yourself free, regular totems, beacon fuel, plotters and plot removals, who is going to pay for them when you can make them free? I guess some do, but I can’t see that many doing so.

Where to place your shop? There are lots of great malls, markets either closed (have roofs and walls) or open. Find one that looks like and appeals to you and easy for you to get too and back home. How many portals do you have to go through to get to your shop? And how far is it from the entrance? Is it easy for shoppers to get to it or back in a area that could be hard to find? Location, location, location are big factors, shoppers do not want to have to travel a distance to find a shop that may not have what they want and when farming comes out, many of us may have even less time.

Price, use the boundless trade network and compare prices at different malls. If you are asking 50 coins for a item and I can buy it for 10 I will laugh and walk away,

Don’t count of footfall, I have a shop at G. Mall, I am luck to get 1k coins in a week, I’m at the back out of the main shopping area, my fault, late in setting it up so not many go to that area. I sell some food items, but very few sale and I have I think low/fair prices but no sales. I’m going to change it but waiting for the farm to decide what to do, what to sell.

Not trying to discourage you, but it is in some ways like a job, and you have to be willing to put the time into it. Once you are established it is much easier, but the start can be very rough.

1 Like