Lost in the mountains

Any tricks to finding topaz?

I know 105-175, on alnitans, and I have an atlas with topaz in it. But when I go to the indicated mountains that are bright blue on the atlas, I find none even after hours of mining. I do mine systimatically in parallel tunnels in all directions and up and down. But still nothing, any advice from the community?

I believe topaz is at least 10 blocks from surface. So if youre at the top of the mountain only 5 blocks down you wont find any. If you are 10 blocks below surface, bad luck maybe? Also dont skip over the iron, copper, etc. i’ve found many gems and titanium hidden behind other resources

1 Like

I find my topaz on Cardass. Altitude 140-200 and most of it can be found on the walls. I generally look in kind of spider web designed caves. Maybe worth the try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll keep that in mind

Thank you I’ll check it out and see if I get better results

I haven’t tried mining much on Cardass yet because of the crazy terrain, but I’m thinking using 2 grapples will make navigation much easier in those spider web terrain areas.

If you’re using iron hammers. What I do is dig a long line then on either side dig about 8-10 blocks then skip 2 over and do the same thing. Bc if you go one over you’re looking at the side of the same wall, less efficient.

Cheating PC Overlords.

Becouse s small part of the playerbase allready took it all.

Ive been to all the tier 5&6 planets looking for gems. Atlas is ■■■■ and all i find is 3-15 in 1-3 hours… becouse its empty, beciuse some people got all their coils, and shitton of gems and ransack thr worlds with their AOE hammers.

Spawn rate should be increased, or the h8 will…

You can open the places tab and where you make a marker you can see your current elevation. I don’t know if you knew this.

I didn’t know this, cause I’ve seen people ask about before and people just say press F1, which does nothing on the PS4 lol

Yea I’m also ps4its what I do to track how deep I am hope it helps it made a huge difference for me.

Use Gold grapples at least if you have no grapple skill but yeah 2 of them is much better.
Cardass is my go to for Topaz as well, and it’s wonderful not bumping into sand and gravel every 4th block.

Bring up menu and click on places/locations, at the top it shows current location and height.

1 Like

If you got 20-30k to spend try a 3x3 aoe gem hammer with durability+ a persistence pie. It’s definitely worth it. Think about it, if you can manage to haul 100 gems you could even sell those at 600-800 a piece (or more idk current gem prices) you would make ~60-70k. Thats double what you paid for the hammer. Try looking for gems on off time as well if you can. Going at 3pm on a weekend most stuff will likely be harder to find

What is the point? I’m simply giving what i know. I took this information from other players. Im on ps4 btw😊

I’ve found I get the best results for topaz between 120 and 130. It also has good overlap with sapphires.

I didn’t know you could look in the places tab and see your altitude on the PS4. Everyone else ever asked got told just hitting F1 for it, which only works on the PC.