Low FPS (11) with good pc

So a friend of mine just bought this game today and he has very low fps even though he has a pretty good pc
specs:

• processor: Intel (air) core™ i7-4770 CPU
  • RAM: 12,00 GB
  • system type: 64-bit operating system
  • graphics card: intel®hd graphics 4600

he really wants to play this game but he can’t with fps low like this :sob:
pleas help
thanks in advance

If it’s anything, I’d say it’s the graphics card.
Knowing which OS would be useful as well.

It has been my experience that sometimes too much RAM can actually be detrimental
this isn’t necessarily what’s going on here but It might be

and what can he do to fix it?

we fixed it :smiley: doesn’t lag in windowed mode

Ok, THAT sounds like a bug.

I’ll have to try this on my computer once I get home this afternoon. I have been having fps issues as well (on a computer that I would assume wouldn’t have problems with fps), but I assumed it was just because of the early access-ness of the game. (Not that this disproves that assumption.) I haven’t tried playing in windowed mode though. Thanks for posting this @Predatoxic !

Have you tried setting it to Wumbo?

Issue to consider:

1. Are the graphics drivers up to date?

2. The Intel HD 4600 might be going down a legacy rendering path (called Angle). This would show up in the game log if you shared it. We have an update coming that will implement a better graphics driver for Intel based GPU.

1. The Windowed / Full screen thing is just weird.
2 Likes

It very likely your fill rate bound - ie the amount and complexity of the pixels it renders. If the frame rate goes up as you shrink the window then its pretty certainly that. Toggling the various graphics options down will help too. The Intel HDs are not great and a modern dedicated graphics card will be much faster.

Integrated graphics don’t fare well with this game in its current state, or just graphically intensive video games in general. Also, try clearing your memory cache or possibly getting rid of file grime.

Its the graphics card. Intel hd means the gpu is actually integrated in the Motherboard. In other words, you dont have one. I highly recommend your friend to manually insert a graphics card. A pc whith these specs used as gaming pc is a bad choise. Its better to have an Intel i5 whith a graphics card than an i7 whithout one.

Butters110 called it. See http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Intel+HD+4600 for a comparison. I run an i7 with a GTX 770 and OO is fantastic with that config. See http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/best-cheap-graphics-cards-group-test_Page-2 for more info about inexpensive video cards.

I frequently experience low FPS and lags, but only if the game is opened for an hour or two. Reloading the game fixes it for me for another 1-2 hours.

thanks to everyone :smiley: I’ll tell him to buy a better graphics card but for now he’ll just keep playing in windowed mode :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I run a GTX 660 Ti, and it runs at 40-60 fps the majority of the time.

hey me too :smiley:

i have a nvidia geforce gtx970, 16gb ram, Intel Core i5-2500K with 4x3,3ghz all on windows 7 sp1 x64

if i play on max graphic(all on epic/ultimate^^).
i have 20-30 fps, if i stand still sometimes i get 30-45fps…

i have no diffrent fps between window and fullscreen mode.

Well… maybe update ur drivers? by the way the trick with window mode just makes the resolution less so your graphics card needs to load less but sinds ur graphic card loads it with ease already it doesnt increase performance.

It could also be that the game just needs some fixes, I also have a pc that should be able to run it max settings without lag. The game still has a long way to go.