Low level players need something to farm

Remind us where your store is?

2 Likes

For the very low level items. I sell glands, and leaves all the time baskets, there is a lot of demand. There is a rock shop constantly buying rocks, and plenty of shops with baskets up for them. If you have them lower than everyone else on sale, then it might be a matter of traffic or shop layout. OR people might just be getting enough sold direct to them by gatherers. - Coal of course is another great newbie item not mentioned in the thread so far, always sells and is in constant demand.

@econodog

You’ve made my point. That is an insanely low price vs. effort. That makes the beans not worth the effort to grind.

We need something that low level players can grind large amounts of that they can sell for 75-100 each. Something you can get at a rate somewhere between copper ore and small fossils.

My prices are based on what I’ve seen other people sell them for, not request them for. Request basket prices are scams.

Depends where you go. Some are great prices, some terrible. Same for the items on sale. Prices can vary by a factor of ten on some items in either direction.

Has anyone thought about doing a website, where shop owners can list their prices? Lacking in game tools for the same, it might be very useful.

Yup - @Logandi set one up:

Trading Post Website - *New* with API

3 Likes

High Ridge Market, from the Storis PS portal seekers hub.

If the prices are ■■■■, let me know. I’ve inly gotten good feedback, despite the lack of sales.

Edit: we censor kindergarten words now?

@nevir Excellent thank you

2 Likes

Craft fib leaves into sackcloth, they sell pretty well…

Any basic item you can gather easily, so can everyone else, so makes sense others arent buying them all that much. I only ever think about buying leaves and things if im super lazy and need a handful to craft something at the time. If i need a substantial amount, its just as quick to go harvest for half an hour as it is to find a shop with a decent price.

Turn those basic items into the next tier though, and youre saving the buyer a fair bit more time and effort… and they generally sell more

2 Likes

@uni3k

Good advice, ty.

2 Likes

Prices are crashing on just about everything except for high end forge gear. A few weeks ago, sweet beans, fibrous leaves etc were much higher. You could sell the leaves for 50c and the beans for 75c. They changed the regen algorithm and prices have steadily dropped.

Now that they have fixed underground resource spawn rates too, the market is falling and finding a balance.

If you want something to farm that pays well on a tier 3 planet, start farming trees.
Trunks: request baskets approx 2c to 3c each
Sap: request baskets upto 20c
Bark: request baskets upto 60c

It’s mind-numbingly boring, but that can make you some decent coin whist staying on a tier 3 world.

3 Likes

With all the complaints about the grind, you’d think people would be buying to get around it.

Or 4c or 5c!

5c trunks? Nice, where? And are they not colour specific?

@econodog
That’s interesting. That’s about when I restarted :D. It is probably why I consider high end forge gear a rip off, as I have only ever been used to the lower prices on the drops. Thanks for the info. Perhaps they have gone too far with the regen changes?

Color specific, but baskets for all colors (🌍 Worlds Warehouse—Raw Block Shop & Color Reference), and an any-color basket @ 3c. Aka you get more if you help me sort through them :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool, I was going off any colour prices… specific colours aren’t usually requested with large amounts of coin. But I’ll check the 5c baskets to see if they are colours I usually end up with surplus supplies :slight_smile:

1 Like

I try to keep the baskets up with ~2500c per color, yeah :frowning:

Honestly, though. Trunk prices are super low atm, given the amount of effort they take to gather. I hope that market adjusts

You don’t understand the market. Low level people don’t have money to buy. Low level items are sold to request baskets not bought from stands.

Trunks and a lot of low level resources like them are consumed way more by high level players than low level ones. And high level players can afford to request those items for more (if the market agreed upon it)

Take trunks for example. If the market price to request them is 3c (and I think it is), consider an hour of farming: a low level character can probably farm 300-500 of them. That’s a whopping 900-1500c for an hour of work.

There are plenty of other way more lucrative money sources at that level

1 Like