Machines are not losing durability

It’s just me or the machines are always at full health?
I crafted a lot of thing and none of the machines lose condition points.
The only one it did is the spark generator.

Do you have all available machines and what were you crafting?

The recipes no longer shows any wear cost; so any crafting on any machines will no longer cause the durability to drop.

@vdragon

Hey, tested this today. All this was done by mass crafting: 900 gleam → refined gleam did not damage my Refinery at all (I am in a solo plot, no one can repair my machines and was gone at work). Compacting 200 Soft and 100 Medium Coal did not lower the condition of the compactor. Same with Decorative Rocks in the Workbench and Restorative Oils in the Mixer and Ancient Vitals in the Extractor. Seems like all machines/workbenches. Power Coils are also not taking damage (all machines)

Looks like there is something odd going on here, so I’ll add a bug to the database for someone to look into.

Ok, yeah, I can somewhat confirm this. I turned a LOT of rocks into stone earlier with Crafting Tables, a little over 270 queues of rocks across 9 crafting tables lol. No wear listed and no dmg done. I can’t remember if they did wear dmg before, but pretty sure they did.

And right now, currently, I’m in the process of refining those stones into refine stone across 3 machines. 16, 16, and 15 queues, but again Wear isn’t listed, and the machines aren’t damaged at all.

I also did a bunch of mass crafting of Iron Tools earlier in the workbenches. 4 queues across 4 machines and 2 in a 5th machine. But just checked, and no wear listed, and I can’t remember if they were damaged and I repared them or not, it was a few hours ago.

I CAN confirm tho, putting Coal into my Spark Gen that that is causing Wear at least. I do remember repairing that.

So I can confirm Turning Rocks to Stone, and Stone to Refine Stone right now doesn’t list or cause Wear on the Crafting Tables or Refiners.

Making tools, I can confirm not being listed, but I don’t remember if they did damage and I repaired or not. Someone else will have to confirm that, I don’t have anymore resources, used them all lol

1 Like

I can also confirm - nothing is showing a “wear” stat in the recipes I can craft on any machine. Just spark and power values where appropriate.

EDIT: Spark generator seems to be the only thing incurring wear currently.

It’s happening to my machines and coils.I’m afraid of using them and they just break w/o warning. That would really set me back if this happened.

They just become inoperable/pause que until you fix it…

Can confirm. The only machine I have that’s losing durability is the spark generator.

same here but for me the only machine losing durability is the Centraforge

2 Likes

Was just about to edit my answer with that info. My forge is losing durability as well. I think it’s coils are also losing durability but it drains so slow that I can’t be sure. *I suppose I could just repair it then see if it drops below 100%.

it does drop, but it is indeed minimalistic

Repairing machines is a chore, it doesn’t even sink anything of value from the economy. Maybe we’re all better off with it gone

1 Like