Maintenable Furniture

The issue:

• Empty spaces after finishing building something. It feels like hollow houses. and nothing inside.

The solution:

• Maintenable Furniture, owner must keep feeding it with resources as portals.
  • Can give you special effects, effects on guests are related to how the owner fed the furniture.
  • This could be a new income source appart of footfall income.

One of the things that seem to work is having roles in society. You could make an hotel and get a share of anyone using your beds, or own a bar an get a share of anyone drinking. or own a bakery where people can use your super fast ovens or special recipes.

Sugestion furnitures:

• Forge Oven -> like a normal oven, but when used by an stranger you can get a random effect on your weapon based on the level of the oven.
  • Food Oven -> same as before but you put ingredients and get food.
  • Bed -> people can arrange blocks to make a bed, (like when we do for portals) and then people can sleep here, and say wait like 1 minute and then you can get some effect on you. (we can have water bed to breath underneath, we can have fire beds adds fire protection, and so on.)
  • Drink spot -> you pay a drink and you get a nice beverage that adds you effects.
  • Disco Rockola -> you can pay something and music will start -> even owner could compose simple chiptunes so we promote creativity.
  • Pets -> we can define them to move around one room. or some blocks.
  • Interior plants -> you have to give them water or they’ll go dry. some plants that can only be grown and are beautiful.

Well I think you get the idea of what I mean.

8 Likes

I like the ideas, would definitely like to see more functional blocks in the game. For beds, it would be awesome to have something like an inn effect in other mmorpgs where if you sleep while being offline you get buff for some time when you start playing. I’d also reserve this only for inns, not for any bed you place in your own building.

2 Likes

I think there were other ideas of that type before. Like craftable functional beacons that carry effects of any kind etc.
In whatever shape, it would be cool to give our buildings functionality rather than just empty names of an inn or temple etc.

3 Likes

Good idea, but i dont like that it would work as portals… keeping it fueled etc. I think it should be just “you placed it, you have it” type of thing.
Also there is at least atm that you gotta give permission to whole beacon. You cannot just put it for 1 block etc. Currently this could work if you have guild or bigger city. They are working on making trophy statues i believe, so they could test buffs with those.

3 Likes

The thing about maintenance is to create the “Role” work for the owner. maybe it’s better to degrade it with uses so you’ve to use your repair tool to make them working again?

1 Like