Maintenance? Why?

What’s with the maintenance all of a sudden?

2 Likes

Probably to roll out an update?

Tho usually it is announced in the forum too, now it’s not which is indeed kinda odd…

It does say server maintance…generally means server maintance…lol

Yes but why, usually they’d say something about this on the forums.

A server is not a car. They don’t need to change the server’s oil or anything.

Servers are going down for a hotfix or update. Would be cool to know what it is.

…and would be nice to know how long the downtime is. 10 minutes for a hotfix? I’ll probably stay up since I’m wide awake. A few hours? I’m heading to sleep to hop back on tomorrow.

1 Like

Seem to be doing more updates and patches recently without letting us know why, or sometimes even warning us its happening/how long it will take.

Bring back the old way lol

Lol are u sure…I have a home server constantly putting oil in it…joking of coarse…I thought maybe update drivers or cache or something like that

Here’s the official announcement, about two minutes after servers were shut down.

Usually if hardware needs replacing, it will cause an outage (how bad depends on what fails): bad memory, failing drive, a bad blade in a switch, faulty cabling, fried fans, or just one of the outlets in the server ‘room’ exploding nearly causing a fire. Just sayin. Software patch is more likely =)

1 Like

Dunno if dumping a 2nd largish build contributed, but i had like 30 pages of stuff in my reclaim window =) Nicely sorted. I’d filled about 10 ornate boxes with stacked up blocks before it said ‘Loading Claims’ then server stopped.

They use AWS, i doubt they’ll have to deal with those issues themselves :wink:

But if they did self-host, if any of those issues occured, there wouldn’t be maintenance, there would be a sudden outage :stuck_out_tongue:

If you re-read my post, you’ll see that i mentioned that it’s a hotfix or update :wink:

2 Likes

We have previously had a server start to die forcing them to migrate some worlds to another server.

1 Like

Ooh, I hope it’s to fix all the little gui problems with macOS

They released an big update which had a few problems. Even after the patch cycle they will need a few more updates to probably settle everything that isn’t working, etc.

1 Like