Make self-sustaining farms achievable - eventually

I know there are similar threads, but I didn’t want my suggestion to get bogged down under the the weight of those!

I can kinda see where the devs are coming from with not wanting to give a 1:1 return for seeds.

They want us to be out roaming the beautiful worlds they have created, seeing the sights and taking on mobs, etc, etc.

So if everyone immediately had the ability to create self-sustaining farm then there would be less reasons to go explore the worlds.

However, I think to most people, the idea of farming is to be able to create a self-sustaining farm, and the fact that from the initial discussions it seems that won’t happen is very off putting.

So, perhaps farming initially should not give a 100% return on seeds, but some mechanic should be brought in so that eventually you can get your farm to return 100% seeds, perhaps even an excess of seeds.

I’ll leave the actual nitty gritty of the process to others more suited, but I think the concept of starting off non self-sustaining and working towards it is pretty sound.

8 Likes