Make Total Energy loss on a unit basis

Right now even if you have 6,000 max energy (which I have) it drains just as fast as having a fraction of that amount, which means it is MUCH MUCH harder to retain the buff when your energy is above 90% AND when you’re starving, it is near impossible to keep up with it without having some kind of loaf to replenish your energy.

Fix this. Make it so that energy drains on a unit basis (fixed) rather than a percentage basis which won’t punish players with 6,000 energy. Thanks.

6 Likes

I gave up my energy epic because of this lol

2 Likes

THAT’S WHAT’S HAPPENING??!!

I thought I was glitched. I was going to report it.

This makes that epic useless

If I knew it wasn’t based on units I never would have bought it.

Completely useless.

Respec here I come.

5 Likes

Well shoot, might aswell put those 5 points into my zeal.

2 Likes

James has said that it was a bug and has logged it as so but no word on when it will be fixed. It was for this sole reason that I never bothered to spend more than 3 pts into Zeal.

2 Likes

On my gatherer/miner I just decided to use well fed buff food (like earthyam loaves) and it worked out fine, at least so far. I rarely have to pause when mining.

Energy Regen Epic and no Zeal, works fine for me as a hunter/miner/gatherer.

2 Likes

True, but I’m getting my points there to stretch out my persistent pie/loafs buff for longer.

I would love it if the “well fed” buff would appear when you are at or above a specific energy level instead of energy percentage, but the current game mechanics make sense. In the real world, people who are more active and use more energy also eat more and are hungry more. shrug How can we really complain about something that mimics real world hunger mechanics?

That said, I am another fan of the 3-4 points in Zeal and Energy regen epic strategy. 3-4 points in Zeal and max Attributes Bonus (which I am sure EVERY build in the game takes) means a player has greater than 1000 energy and the epic, of course, regens 1000 energy a tick. It is pretty easy to build a rhythm with that set up and it strikes a nice balance with hunger.

Nonsense! I’m not active at all, I use little energy, eat more than my colleagues, and I am more hungry than they are. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Someone was able to prove that to James with in game stats. He was able to prove that sprinting for 6 mins costs the same % amount of Max energy with and without Epic Energy. Meaning, it does not matter how much energy you have as far as sprinting goes, it takes OFF a %, implying that the more energy you have the more energy it takes off. Therefore, having more energy is actually to your disadvantage.
He has logged that as a bug, as mentioned before.

1 Like

I noticed it too, though I didn’t do the math. Just figured I was eating stacks of food to stay alive.

As stated, you can run with energy epic if you keep up with stews or loaves, but you can’t do it while using persisting or teaching foods… steaks at 8 each for sale :yum: