Marble Blocks

I haven’t been able to find the amount of prestige each block gives and I’m really curious. Does anyone know the amount per block??

1 Like

https://hastebin.com/ojafirirar.bash

(retrieved from game files by @uacko yesterday)

2 Likes

I tested just now in a couple scenarios and came up with:

No chiseling was done.
Used the same block each time.

Beacon A. No placed blocks yet in this beacon, initial prestige of 10. Adding a marble block in a color not native to the planet yielded 120 Prestige

Beacon B. No placed blocks yet in this beacon, initial prestige of 116. Adding a marble block in a color not native to the planet yielded 125 Prestige.

Beacon C. Lots of things in the beacon but no marble, yet. Initial prestige of 150, 886. Adding a marble block in a color not native to the planet yielded 128 Prestige

3 Likes

Awesome thank you !!!

Another thing to keep in mind is variation and how much marble you already have too.

If I used two different colors of marble, that still wouldn’t penalize me would it ?

The way I understand it is you are never really penalized with prestige, you just aren’t given as much of a bonus.

Having said that, variety is a part of the equation, as is native vs exotic, as is chiseling and variety thereof, as is how full the beacon is–i.e. less bonus for a 100% solid beacon to reduce “gleam towers” being highly rewarded.

Using more than one color of marble is probably in your best interest if you want more prestige bonus but it might hit a cap or leveling off point where each block doesn’t give as much as the earlier ones did.

Also if you ONLY had marble in that beacon, you might get less bonus than if you had a bigger mix of other block types.

(Edited to finish my thought process)

1 Like

I can’t find it now but someone did a test. It doesn’t test for variation in color of the same type of material necessarily. It will test for exotic color, but if you have all marble be red exotic or all of it be a combo of blue, green, and red exotic marble, it counts the same. The variation needs come from block type. So maybe throwing in some mosaic would add variation points.

You’ll just get progressively smaller returns if you end up only using one type of block.

I wasn’t aware of that caveat. But I guess I generally have a lot of variation

I ended up finding it!

2 Likes

I’d like to add in a large build with well over 1000 of the same block placed, I added one more (cold berry deco marble) it still added 122 prestige. Keep in mind there is lots of space and a fair variety in my build.