Master Merchant Control... just a random idea

I know this might not be something doable or easily doable for the devs but thought I’d toss the idea of a Master Merchant Control item out, as I was thinking of several uses for it that might be both convenient and stimulate the economy a bit.

The first purpose it would serve is a master list of items where you can save prices that - if enabled - would apply to all of your plinths in the universe. In my case, I sometimes swap items around, and in those cases or when I run out and restock, I’ve had to have a few people give me a heads-up that I forgot to set a price when I put goods out. Also, though this doesn’t apply to me yet, I know there are people with multiple shops scattered around. Might just make it simpler to set a price in one place that would be saved until you change it.

The second thing I thought would be neat would be - now that we have a trading channel - if something like this could let you set a blanket discount to your items and even put a timer on it. So, if you wanted to get some business and have a flash sale, you could shout out that “There is a 30% sale at X on Y for the next hour!”

Related to the above, it could also let you set a discount for friends and guild members. I was thinking how I definitely wouldn’t mind selling stuff to my neighbors even cheaper than I list already, but I also am not too social so I don’t really check in with them too much I admit. It would be neat to just give them a 50% discount or so at my store, though.

Anyways, thanks for reading my rambling! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To add on to this thought, it would be great if you could use the same device to funnel $$$ into Request Baskets without having to go and physically refill every… single… one.

walter-white-money

inb4 someone says they like doing things “the old-fashioned way”

1 Like

Yep, that would be great too! :+1:

Haha no way, everyone’s begging for some merchant QoL

1 Like

Someone hasn’t been on these forums for long enough…

1 Like

And if this device would also keep track of stock of shop stands all over the universe than this machine is the machine that can have a dev created API on top to be used for a website without the need for scanner software that can’t be run on anything other than Windows!

Excellent idea!

Also love the sales thing! At times I’ve had a sale had to run longer or a bit shorter due to RL stuff and this would solve that nicely!

And a big yes to discount for friends/guildies! Been wanting that! Tho was hoping that in a future update we can use the advanced locks for that too, not just as access with owner perms but general access as in selling/buying and then set up a friend/guild store!

Can now do that with a locked door with an advanced lock but if anyone leaves it open or somehow manages to sneak in the they can still buy using the special discount

1 Like