May we please have a decorative block that uses Flint? (Cobblestone Idea)

It seems like flint is the only item with almost no use apart from making furnaces. Rock salt and Opal were recenly added to new decorative items (Decorative ice and Patterned Concrete). I would really like it if Flint was given a new use for making a new decorative block as well.

My idea is a new block called Cobblestone. Here is a possible recipe for it:

Flint x5
Clay Soil x1
Bonding Agent x1

It uses clay soil because that would make sense, sticking Cobblestones together into clay, and because Clay Soil is the least useful soil imo (Peat can be a fuel, Silty is used to make glass, all are used in farming equally).

The color of the Cobblestone Block would be determined by the color of the Clay Soil.

What do you all think of this idea?

4 Likes

Do we need another block using Bonding Agent? Also, what is Flintstone? I’ve yet to see such an item in this game.

It doesn’t exist…

And before they make up a completely new decorative block from inexistant blocks, they should probably come up with deco blocks for existant blocks that aren’t used for much atm, like sponge, ash, growth, dark glass, tangle ?

Pretty sure the OP is referencing the flint item in game.

The part about being used to make furnaces gives me that impression.

4 Likes

Flint is used in:

USED IN RECIPES

Stone Furnace Base
Common Crafting Device

Iron Furnace Base
Common Crafting Device

Titanium Furnace Base
Common Crafting Device

Torch
Light Source

Basic Torch
Light Source

Bomb Charge
Uncommon Crafting Ingredient

Setting Resin
Common Centraforge Ingredient

1 Like

Setting resin and bomb charge is probably the most common one that people use it in too

IMG_0634

I should also add that clay soil is compacted to make bricks so it is actually the most useful soil to me. I wouldn’t mind another use for flint, however.

1 Like

We have a cobblestone style block. Compact soft coal. Is anyone in game that can post a picture of a few of them, I’m not home or I would.

I use it as a decorative block quite often, pathways and walls. Used it for fireplaces and other things also.

2 Likes

I think the downside here is that the item would either always be gray or have to take its color from the soil which kinda doesn’t make a ton of sense. Unless… maybe the clay colors the “mortar” around the flint and that makes for a unique block?

Yea that’s one of the places all that coal you used to buy from me went to. Also did you notice coal went up in price after I stopped selling it :sweat_smile: tho I’m sure that wasn’t the only cause of it

1 Like

We have probably 10 SS of compact soft coal used as building blocks around the Dome. Hunting lodge is made of it, recent furnaces I designed are made of it for the base. Still have a ton of compact coals laying about. Need to organize. POST A PICTURE OF COMPACT SOFT COAL AS A WALL! Go to dome and snap a shot?

T7 blink sorry

2 Likes

As you see the compact soft coal appears as cobblestone and looks really nice!

I fixed the word “flintstone” and made it “flint” as it should have been. Soft coal has no color variance, so it doesnt make the best cobblestone, especially since cobblestone is real life usually isnt gray.

@Kelmat My post said the color would be determined by the soil, if you read the whole post.

It would be better if a block with this kind of texture had color variety, as my post is suggesting, it would be determined by the clay soil’s color.

2 Likes

Or make coal spray able. That could also work

1 Like

You find Flintstoned down in bedrock. Also Rubble

Has anyone tried to spray it?

I did read it through and I wasn’t trying to be a jerk, my bad. I just thought of the flint as the chunks and therefore adding soil to chunks of flint wouldn’t change the color of the flint in a logical sense. But then again we use kindling in concrete…

1 Like