Maze Interest

I am thinking about creating a very complex and elaborate maze (at least in my mind it is complex). The intent of the maze would be for the player to solve the maze, or a portion, and receive a prize. My benefit would come in the form of maximizing the layout for footfall.

For the purposes of prizes, I would have several shop stands with lesser prizes - single gem tool, uncommon materials, etc. The main prize would be something on the order of a decent, no quirk/defect gem forged tool or slingbow; or a roadrunner feather; or a full set of materials for mass crafting the new block. You get the idea.

The maze would be designed to limit the potential for direct mapping or warping. I will also set it up to change the configuration on a daily or weekly basis ( depending on my available play time).

This would take a significant amount of time and resources for me to accomplish and I want to see how my idea is received before I put in the effort.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

hi man is great idea wonna offer the arte intera institute to host this
our place has only art and interactive builds and this maze would fit nice along all the other attractions we allready have installed a fully build infrastructure to host these types off builds and a arte intera faction to offer builders to help and if needed materials :smile:
i hope you consider joining our project
ow and we can sponsor prices
also prebuilt a prize center for when we needed one :grin:

It sounds good to me, Your only problem is how many might want to do repeats to get the prizes
You could consider the possibility of having a door to close and give days, times open so you won’t have to be there, put out prizes just before you open so players can’t find a way in and look for and take the prizes,
I know, sounds untrusting, but not everyone who plays are the type to play fair, we’ve seen several times from those who were generous and were taken advantage of.
Anyhow, I like mazes and it would be fun to do just for the heck of It, not just to get prizes.

I was thinking of linking it to aquatopia in some fashion. I had not considered Arte intera institute but I certainly will keep it in mind. I plan to make it sprawling, so i will have portals to different areas.

You make some good points Janna. If I restricted the maze times it would only be because I can’t keep up with the prizes. If someone makes it through the maze, I want them to be able to claim a prize. I plan on making it so that I can easily reconfigure the maze to change up the available routes. Which should prevent people memorizing the maze and speeding through for a prize.

You could also ask those who have shops to donate prizes, the names can be listed at the beginning of the maze so they get the recognition and that would be free advertising for them.

Tools, weapons, brews, food are all good things that players want. Some of the items that is a pain to get, such as the vases for the flowers could be given out, Have first, second and third place prizes not everyone can be a winner, but consolation prizes, one of the food items that give protection so those who go on hunts, or even their first time on a higher level planet will have something to help them. Knowing the shop it came from will help to decide where to buy more of them.
Same with brews, those are helpful when you are on a new higher level planet that you aren’t prepared for. Something that I see a lot of players remarking on needing are things such as ores, bars of silver, gold, titanium, a couple of refined gems. The lower level of coils so mid level players can start getting the coils needed.

It doesn’t always have to be tools and weapons. I know I would have loved to have being in some type of competition and have gotten one advanced coil, they are expensive when you have to buy five for each machine. The lower level of coils would have even been a nice prize.
Been involved in a lot of social events my kids were in, Boys and Girls club and much more

A good idea, but I found it funny that donated items equal free advertising :smiley:

Why? Curious
When people donate merchandise to organizations for prizes they do so for free advertisement, so people will see their name, the name of their shop and go, okay, they are nice people and I will go and buy items there.
In real life, it is a good tax write-off, on clothing store gave 5 pair of jeans, 10 tee shirts and two packages of underwear, two of socks and a pair of shoes. It was to get clothes for children whose family couldn’t afford to buy school clothes. The business was happy to help, they got their store name on a poster in front of the building and it created good will.
This was 20 years ago when I was on some committees, but it helped a lot of kids get needed nice clothes.
In this game it can help some players get items they may need and if they don’t they can sell it and buy what they need.

The goods you donated still do have value, so it’s not really free advertising if you have to donate something to get it.

Technically, you are right, it isn’t free as they are giving a item of value and that value pays for the advertisement.
However, many in societies see it as “free” because there is no actual cash being paid, they are giving the items and the person receiving it is nice enough to let the general public know where it came from.
Both sides gain, and I go with the aspect of “free advertising”, they don’t have to donate, they can just not do anything and the person receiving the items are not required to state who gave it to them.

Yup, I was just nitpicking on the exact term :smiley: There’s probably a word for agreements like that.