Meeting other players (noob questions)

I just started playing Boundess a few days ago and all I did so far was building a wood house, gathering some blocks and crafting some stuff. When I bought the game I thought it would be much more mmo like with like a main place where many players meet etc. But so far I’ve only met one player and that’s it. Also i find it hard to get into the game since crafting better stuff requires items i can only craft with more advanced machines which I can’t craft yet.
I come from a game called Growtopia, which is a 2d sandbox mmo (google it if you like), I started playing Bundless hoping to find a similar mmo experience but so far it feels like a singleplayer game with some buildings, other players built. Is this game a mmo or did I get it wrong? Also do you have good tips for me?

2 Likes

It is an MMO but we have 50 planets so we are rather spread out. The yellow symbol on your compass is the capital of that world, usually those are a little busier.
You’ll learn the busy areas don’t worry!

5 Likes

Purple on your compass are portals! Try find a cluster of portals and you’ll soon find the main portal hubs that connect worlds :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Someone find him and give him a tour!
Which planet are you on?

2 Likes

PLEASE REMEMBER TO FUEL YOUR BEACONS AND PLOT EVERYTHING YOU DONT WANT TO LOSE.

You can find communities here, as said by @Trickyy90, we have a lot of planets and most people is scattered around them. Also not everyone is from the same time zone. But there are certain moments during the day where most players are online.

4 Likes

When I started the game back in November, I thought the same as you do now. There are portals hub that you can find on every planet. The common advise is to settle relatively close to one. Having access to portals will make you cross people often. Next, using the portal network will allow you to go to malls or markets where you can buy and sell the stuff you need to advance if necessary. This will, again, allow you to cross people along the way. Depending on your time zone, there are group hunts every day where you will meet dozens of people. There is a huge 30 people hunt every night led by Sasquatch at 20h30 EST. Hope this helps a bit !!

Edit: If you tell us where you live, someone could come and guide you a bit.

3 Likes

@majorvex just messaged me and will give me a quick tour he said :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If you have not traveled through a few portals yet, you have not found most of the game. Don’t worry there are many players around, you just gotta travel a bit.

Shameless Plug - Lacuna on Storis II always loves new players around :wink:

1 Like

Great ! I’m pretty sure majorvex is a she :wink:

6 Likes

welcome to boundless!

i’m sure Vex would give you some great tips while showing you around.
enjoy your gameplay and overtime show us your awesome creations!

3 Likes

Yes welcome!

We love a noob! :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome!

There’s a bunch of us all over

1 Like

majorvex showed me around the main hubs, i am stunned seeing whats possible to build in this game! Thanks for the guide! The game looks super promising now, I just whish there was a better explaination in the first place because other new players maybe wont be so fortunate and just quit because the game is too overwhelming…
Also: The chat is pretty weird compared to normal mmos, always having to scroll and not seeing chat without opening it is something I’m not used to.

8 Likes

Lol battleJesus. Nice name. And welcome to the community. :wave:

4 Likes

I believe they are working on the new player experience/tutorial behind the scenes. They make updates quite often, when compared to most other games.
The chat feature was a recent addition and was meant for a PM via mailbox thing. They are going to fix the scroll issue soon (if I remember correctly). Also, messages can be delayed. When in doubt, use shout :grin:

If you hit a wall, get lost, get frustrated with something…you can ask just about anybody for help & they will be happy to lend a hand. :blush:

6 Likes

Look for capitals of planets and go to hunts. You will find players there.

1 Like

The chat has recently had an update. It’s only just started making you scroll all the way down but I agree it’s not great as it is!
Hopefully it goes back to automatically taking you to the new message

Edit just seen Vex’s post :clap:

If you need anything, pop over to Lizard Island. We have portals at TNT, Portal Seekers (Boori) and DKmall. Happy to help however I can. I’m not sure I would have stuck with it if it wasn’t for the community showing me the ropes in the beginning :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super great people in this game. Good call on posting here!

2 Likes