[OUTDATED] MEGA THREAD: Gem Locations (After March 2017 Resource Distribution)

Luck doesn’t affect Diamonds, sadly… I have full Luck plus Attribute bonus which adds another Luck point, but tier III drops (Hard Coal/Large Fossil/Gems) always drop 1 each on tier II planets… :confused:

I hope this is balanced at some point. I feel that it’s strange for Topaz and Diamond to be artificially harder to gain a lot of simply due to the fact that they spawn on a tier II world. Diamond is at least a bit balanced because it spawns so frequently. Ruby, however, can drop up to three each block now and is easier to find than Diamond. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

I’ve only looked for diamonds, rubies, topaz and amethyst so far. The diamonds and rubies weren’t too bad to find as you say but the topaz have been a lot more difficult plus the fact that you only get one per block and they’re usually in just 1-2 block veins …amethyst are a real pain as there a hardly any spawn sites and most of them were already mined by the time I got to them, I gave up on those in the end. I haven’t tried looking for any of the others yet.

2 Likes

Could you provide us with the location coordinates to where you find said topaz. Having a hard time finding them on Epsilo. Thru the forums they say at around 110-125 altitude in Dirt Mountains. Problem is I must be on a continent on epsilo which is full ice terrain. Knowing which way to head would be helpful

Your best option would be to buy an atlas of the planet and 1 raw gem and put the gem in the atlas. It will show all the hot spots of that gem. Head for the brightest points as they will have the most concentration and then it’s just a matter of mining that area till you find what level they are at. Topaz are notoriously difficult to find as they only spawn in small veins and from what I remember you only get 1 gem per block.

1 Like

as far as I remember jeffro’s portal system had epsilon station near the sedimentary table top mountains (these have topaz)

2 Likes

Yooo guys so gem worlds are now all affected by the Luck table equally, it seems. So T3 drops on Andoweem now give up to three per. <3

1 Like

that will flood the market with gem - it was needed for topaz but not diamond;

but its just a game so whatever :joy:

2 Likes

So then more people will buy them instead of mine them and the market will stabilise, which is how it should be. IMO.

1 Like

you are right - just saying there are gems that are so hard to get there is never enough of them while others get to levels high enough to fill the needs of crafters, users of tools and sellers as well (so those not interested in mining can buy tools);

Diamonds were easy enough to get even with single drops - while the likes of topaz and amethyst suffer from luck of spawning areas and could do with extra drops (like 10 per one block broken);
but its all EA and we don’t have too many worlds - its hard to balance limited environment

4 Likes

Yep I keep telling myself topaz feels broken because there are limited spawn space for them, while actually the world they are currently on just doesn’t have the optimal biomes for them. Imagine a world with sky high floating islands that has topaz AND devices, suddenly they are like mining diamonds with the intermittent risk of falling through the floor to your death :slight_smile:
Most of the spawn type issues will be completely changed with new worlds depending on what they look like and how much they drop.
The current situation is less than ideal agreed, but “fixing” some things in the short run may become entire new imbalances on release. Still excited to see where we end up

4 Likes

@greyart247 That all sounds swell. Problem is with the atlas, you have to have one to put one in it to find the others. As I can not find any shops selling said rough topaz. This option is basically mute. This is why I asked if anyone knows the coordinates to some large lit places on their atlas that they could share so I could go find one. Thanks for the info in any case. Useless as it is. Thanks anyways.

I’m a mine of useless information :laughing:
Good point though, they are definitely conspicuous by their absence from the shops. I haven’t got very many myself but I’ll gladly give you one for free to help you out. I haven’t had a chance to get on these past few days but I’m really going to try this evening, if you’re around we could meet at Mobeus plaza on therka if you want.

Id appreciate that. Id gladly buy it no need to freebie it. Problem is I’m not always on due to my schedule. Let me know what timezone youre in and what time you get on, ill msg you. I’m on discord by the name of Asfluxiation. Gonna have to change that lol

I’m in the UK so generally on the EU server, I’m going to try this evening but I’ll pm you later when I get on to see if you’re around.

1 Like

If only we had mailboxes…

3 Likes

we kinda do :wink:

2 Likes

I must be downing in rubies, according to Atlas, but drowning only in lava. What am I doing wrong? 0 gems after an hour of searching(

Just warped back home after two big playing sessions over two days, solely in Vulpto mines.
I’ve come back with 49 Rubies where it’s been more like 300 in the past.
definitely something is amiss.

Remember the spawn dynamics - if a lot of certain resource has been mind, less spawns then for a while.

Also make sure you mine a lot of other resources when looking for rubies - get all silver/gold/titanium/coal as well as copper and iron. If you focus on rubies and ignore most of other blocks you see, there will be less rubies after.

Lets say spawn rate of ruby is 1 in 100 blocks. If you run around and pick out rubies and try to minimize mining other resources and avoid breaking unnecessary rock/soil then let say you end up with 300 blocks mined and 3 of them were rubies. The rest is some coal, gold and rock/soil you had to break in a process. When the world replaces the 300 blocks you mined, it will use all possible resources to fit the, even those you were ignoring when mining, so that space of 300 blocks need to be shared between rubies, silver, gold, coal, fossil etc. less chance for ruby to spawn back there.
However, if in the same mining trip you mine 1000 blocks and you get all fossils, metals, coals that you meet, than you have bigger chance of finding ruby in the same area when coming back after regen.

5 Likes

Sounds very annoying and boring.
Hope that system will be reworked.

1 Like