[OUTDATED] MEGA THREAD: Gem Locations (After March 2017 Resource Distribution)

found 5 Diamond on Andoweem after an hour and a half… :slight_smile: but can confirm that its between 0-25. i had to dig into the wall of lava pit to get it. but it was by hard coal and medium coal.

found more near lava lakes as well after the pics were taken for a total of 9 Diamond. plus a stack of 354 medium coal , 25 hard coal and 75 soft coal , a bunch of iron and some gold.

4 Likes

Shoot. You meant Sapphire and Nasharil. XD I deleted my comment. No need to add confusion here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, you can also find a decent bit of Ancient Tech Devices in the high-altitude floating mountains of Munteen. I found these two and some Amethysts just by digging out Metamorphic Stone there. I found five other Ancient Tech Devices in a few minutes just grappling around the outside of the mountains.

7 Likes

What would you suggest is the more efficient way of finding amethyst? Grappling around mountains allows you to inspect a lot of rock blocks in a short amount of time. You could strip mine a tall mountain with tunnels to discover all the amethyst it contains but that would be very time consuming and resource intensive.

At the moment, that -is- the most efficient way of finding Amethyst. But it is still quite inefficient. Have you dug into caves underground under these mountains, perhaps? I might try that sometime.

I’m hoping to make a trip to munteen tonight. I’ll do some underground digging if I do and let you know what I find(:

2 Likes

I just found 4 sapphire on Nasharil at elevation 147. It was in one of the tall mountains surrounded by lava. Edit: Just found 4 more at elevation 137.

6 Likes

So I tracked down an Amethyst on a large floating mountain on Munteen. Then I dropped directly below it in between two lava pools and began to dig. I found a cave underneath the lava pools and floating mountains. Explored for a good amount of time and found some gold, silver, and titanium. Some coal. But no Amethyst. I then grapped back up the mountain to roughly 120 and dug straight in. 2x1 straight through. I found twelve Amethyst before my remaining 2 copper hammers ran out. If youre willing to burn the resources, you could potenially find a ton this way.

4 Likes

Basically amethyst have gone from being the easiest, to being the hardest now.

1 Like

It certainly seems that way. Possibly Sapphire as well if they also can only be found high-up.

Well, as for Sapphire near lava, as you likely know, I have spent hours searching and found none. Good to see they were eventually discovered at high altitude though.

1 Like

Following coal-seams in high peak mountains in the lavalakes on Nasharil, alt 140 - 150.

5 Likes

It seems that Diamonds are most definitely found on the lowest levels, and in very small amounts. They don’t seem to be specific to any biome. They are found quite scarcely anywhere underground between ~1-25.

Two others other than myself have confirmed this. I’m just adding to the data.

3 Likes

found sapphire at levels of 120+ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900046670

3 Likes

would totally be ok with you guys getting forum badges for being the first to share this info after the changes, its very helpful.

3 Likes

That’s some good exploring :smiley:

Now that you’ve pretty much found them all … I don’t feel so bad about sharing this information…

15 Likes

Saving this info to the Illuminoorti Databanks…

7 Likes

WHAT o.o

So, what is the title of, “Leader”? Are you devs, just different forms of them? How do you have this chart? :o

Edit: Also, was I correct that some of them also spawn is specific biomes? From what I am aware, I have only found Ruby under mountains, but it’s only marked as, “Stone”.

No, not a dev … I made the chart this evening … the information just appears in my head :smirk:

Only kidding - I’m a tinkerer (that’s how I got so much information into Boundless Crafting) :wink:

I think so - under mountains certainly sounds like it could be igneous/metamorphic/sedimentary stone!

2 Likes

I’m not sure that Tinkerer helps me as a definition. XD But you’re the person running the Boundless Crafting website?

And thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like