[OUTDATED] MEGA THREAD: Gem Locations (After March 2017 Resource Distribution)

Yeah, I’m gonna need to place an order for about a thousand of those, please? Thank you!

5 Likes

Ummmmmmm wow. That. Looks. Awesome.

1 Like

Yeah I think that qualifies as better than info in the knowledge tab!

1 Like

I don’t understand what it does, but yes. I believe it does :joy:!
Edit: ohhhh are they mini planets? Wow, that took me too long to get

2 Likes

so wait! … does each of those represent a planet and if so does clicking on them show info on the planet and if so is it just the info you have discovered and if so can I sell them?
… sorry I just get exsited sometimes!

5 Likes

I hope they dont come ready with full world resources info.
I would love those to be sth you craft and carry around when exploring/mining. And as you do it is filled with data about resources you manage to find physically in the world through. Then you would be able to trade those.
And what a thing to do/achieve for an explorer/miner.
Would that work as a map as well that is being uncovered as you discover regions? Sth to encourage pure exploration.

And they are beautiful @lucadeltodecso :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

More importantly … are there 3 new planets on the way? :open_mouth:

6 Likes

just three!? or are they all new planets?

4 Likes

I think we’re on the wrong track… I don’t think they’re planets at all (they all have the same texture for starters).

I’m wondering if they’re some sort of powered ore detectors… which glow a different colour and intensity depending on the resource you are close to and the proximity of it.

8 Likes

What you have here are discoverable planet maps with “fog of war” representing undiscovered regions, as well as a heat map for various individual resources below the surface. Where do I find copper? Check the map for a “hot spot” that will help you get close, but not spoon feed you ores. A brilliant and novel solution!

12 Likes

This. It was mentioned that it should be better than an audio cue so the visual cue is most likely the case.

1 Like

they all look like the same planet to me
with different layers of resources or something

2 Likes

I think the black represents the fog of war that Havok was talking about. At first i thought they were continents or oceans to.

2 Likes

How does @Havok40k know? Cheeky Dev leaks?

4 Likes

I really AM peaking in through their studio windows, that’s how. :wink:

7 Likes

@Havok40k is like the devs favored child where as we are all the red headed step children.
!DISCLAMER! I have a hint of red in my hair so I can say that :wink:

3 Likes

Woah now, don’t paint that target on my back like that! :sweat_smile: I’m just a fan who spends waaay to much time on the forums!

2 Likes

joking of course

1 Like

Oh I know I took it as a joke :laughing:

1 Like

I suspect there’s one orb per resource type - given that he’s got a bunch of different ones all lined up on those shelves

The noise texture on each one is subtly different from the looks of it—not just intensity.

Might be both? The noise on those looks a hell of a lot like the resource distributions that were posted a while back (see below)

Agree that the masked areas make it seem unlikely that it’s a complete map (would suck if there were large areas of the world that spawned nothing). However, my hunch is that the masked areas represent the water level of the world, so that you can more easily orient the distribution with the terrain of the world

Also, mapping a square map to a sphere is mildly difficult if you want to avoid bizarre warping/seams - so if this is depicting resource distributions, it’s probably only showing some of it (centered on the player’s location, perhaps? That’d be a cool effect as you run around)

5 Likes