Menus *Objective tab* (SOLVED)

Was only wondering if others were having the same issue of not being able to use the objective tab in the main menu.

I have not played today, but it was working for me yesterday on Mac and there has not been an update since.

Have you tried the tab on another character?

1 Like

No I haven’t, I did try the unstable test beta the other day (cause I saw there was going to be connectivity fixes) but wasn’t paying any attention to the tabs xD but after my scrambled eggs I’ll go and take a look.

Thanks
-dave

What are you seeing or having for the issue?

1 Like

I saw in one of your vids you were using the objective tab in the main menus. I thought it was just a place holder tab, when I click it nothing happens and iv been stuck on make a temporary campfire even though iv made and placed like 8 of them

I would test the tabs on other characters. If they still do not work, try using “J” to open the journal instead.

1 Like

Well thank you guys for the replies and the help. I’ll update you guys when I get the chance to look.
Thanks
-Dave

Maybe post something in the issues post too for release 176.

Yea just tried on a new character and same issue. Hitting J or clicking the objective tab does not work at all :frowning:

Also did you put fuel in the campfire after you placed them?

Try it again with another campfire in a new location. You might need to make sure you have an available plot to use and then fuel the campfire.

I thought you could only fuel a beacon, if not then I guess my campfires are broken too I’v never been able to interact with a campfire

I’m just going to try a fresh install

Ok. I just watched my season 2 episode 1 video to watch the part where I go through that objective and all I did was craft the campfire and then placed it down on the ground and the objective automatically completed. I’m not really sure what else you can try other than maybe trying it one more time with crafting a new campfire. Make sure you have an available plot to use and then go to a new location and make sure you are in a plot area that is available and not reserved and try placing the campfire down again. Maybe make sure you have at least 2 plots available. If that don’t work then we could try tagging a developer here and hopefully they can give you a hand with getting this objective to complete.

Ok I am re installing and I will try a few campfires outside of PG. If that doesn’t work then I have no clue. Cause when I watched your episode at first I thought objectives was possibly only on the testing beta. So I had tried but to no avail, same circumstances.
(I had even tried varifying the game files as well, if that means anything)

The objectives tab will only open up after you have completed your first steps in Boundless, such as placing your campfire, chopping wood/leaves and placing/fueling your first beacon.

When you’re placing your campfire, where are you doing it, and are you destroying it between tries? If you’re not destroying it, you may not have enough plots available. The campfire takes 2 plots, I believe.

When I had first started playing I was in the middle of no where. so it doesn’t have anything to do with overlapping or not enough plots, and no I didn’t destroy a campfire till I decided to move to PG. and another note too I have beacons and I am able to fuel those.

The objectives tab is disabled until you complete the first part of the tutorial. If I remember correctly it activates right after claiming your second plot and starting with the “Complete an Objective” objective.

Yea what I’m saying is its stuck on that objective. I have progressed through the game, machines, tools, beacons, builds, exploring. but i only just noticed the other day it still says craft and place a campfire but I’v done that like 8 times now

I have now re-installed and same problem stands, cant use objectives tab, and thanks to @TwistedFoot letting me know you can even fuel a campfire. I cant interact with a campfire.