Metal/gleam etc open storage boxes and shelves

Not to be ungrateful for the new storage chests, but I would dearly love new recipes for open storage boxes and shelves so they could be made out of mats other than wood and stone.

Have been using the new storage chests since their release but now find myself going back to using the storage boxes (just love being able to glance up at a big wall of mats…great for seeking inspiration when colour matching blocks for example) but would love a new look to the boxes…a lovely, sharp metal (or concrete!!) finish would look soooooo very cool.

It’s been mentioned before somewhere but thought worth bringing up again.

will keep using the new containers to a limited degree (not just as flooring!) but will be sticking with storage boxes for the main bulk of my inventory.

4 Likes

just me then :+1::stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll stick to me ol’ fashioned stone storage

They’re coming in one of the next updates, at least I think there’s metal and gleam? Iirc there’s another that’s like a farming one but not sure what it’s made from. I realise this isn’t the most helpful post… hopefully someone will link you to the posts about it lol!

Those are closed storage tho, @catfud wants the regular open storage ones to be able to be made out of other materials as well.

I would like that too actually! More options the better!

3 Likes

indeed…edited title for that to be clearer

Ah :sweat_smile: my bad!

1 Like

That would be great. I’d love to make metal open storage. I prefer the open storage, I just use the closed storage for overflow when my open is full.

wicker / gleam / metal storage boxes and shelves - yes please :slight_smile:

1 Like

with banana for scale…

3 Likes

Stylish and ornate ones would me nice.

Loving that Bright Moss concrete!!!

Where did you buy it???

Oh wait… :smiley: