Meteor bug?

While exploring the exo world of Coronat this evening i was almost consistently bombarded with meteors. Not a real issue, I know how to avoid them, or earn a meteor life and lose it to gain the mats in the dormant meteor. I’m no hunter, to be sure. My potential issue arose when attempting to fight one of them off for a few minutes…It landed REALLY close to the crazynuts I was after. I have screenshots, but I found that the enemies that spawned no longer show the meteor icon next to their buff/debuffs. Is this intended? or just my laggy connection? Also, I found that once you lose the meteor you can walk right up to the spitters and “pet” them if ya want…

These last two are from a second meteor that nearly took my head off…again

How many times did you witness this in game?

Just those two times. I havent fought anymore meteors. Ill check again later today.

I was on algar vace yesterday afternoon and 6…yup six landed within around 2 minutes of each other. There have been other occassions on exos when i was with @AeneaGames and we have been actively doing 3 or 4 meteors at the same time as they have all been within aggro range. Fun times!

That was definitely killing me last night as well. That has more to do with proximity to other regions and lack of players passing through and triggering them, if I’m not mistaken.

Well, Coronat is gone, so Biitula it is… Same thing, no meteor buff. I successfully kiccked butt here, so i couldnt pet them afterward :frowning:

Edit: Forgot to @vdragon

I wanna know, is it just me that noticed this? Any of you group hunters? @majorvex @JaceyLive @georgegroeg @Strykey @jaimepoutine

We usually kill everything in sight when we do meteors…so there’s usually nothing left running around lol

Yes, sometimes meteors fall really close to each other. There have been times we’ve got 3 active meteors at once. We usually try to tell people to not activate the nearby ones, but sometimes they fall right next to the other one & it activates.

I think enemies might turn back into “normal” creatures if the meteor is “abandoned”…can’t remember 100%

I’ve never really noticed it to be honest, when we hunt on Circarpous we will complete one and maybe another drops real close by but nothing like multiple meteors at once

We’ve had that happen on the Sasquatch hunts. Not an all the time thing. But always fun when it does happen. I haven’t been hunting much. I just bought a ■■■■ load of oort so I won’t be hunting much for the next little while.

1 Like

To clarify this is about the buff icon, not the proximity of meteor drops. I know I tend to ramble, and i inderstand group hunts leave nothing left standin, so you wouldnt be Petting mobs afterward. Sorry :grin:

1 Like

Just going back to your first post. I noticed that you do not have the Meteorite Life icon in the first 3 screenshots, but it’s there in the last 2 screenshots. For the first 3, were you quite close or far away from the meteorite?

In the first three screenshots i had already lost my own meteor life. They are post meteor battle. I was more concerned with the mobs not having theirs
You can see the dormant meteor in the first screenshot. Although i had already looted it(loot magnet)

im on shedu tier on a lvl 6 meteor and dont see meteor life on the mobs.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments, I’ve added this to the database.

2 Likes

Meteor mobs don’t aggro unless attacked after meteor life is lost. @vdragon

So if that’s the case; Can we get a pet Cuttletrunk? Domesticated blarp.

I’m guessing so if you can get close enough :joy:
If you grapple them they aggro though.

When you moved far away enough from the meteorite for the abandoned message to appear, did the red dots go grey once the countdown reached zero?

Ill check that. I want to say i was killed by hoppers whlle out of range, once. But i cant be sure.