Meteor Drops are Sadly Lacking

I see this as something that can be fixed after the new universe, but before the launch.

We will get tweaks during the period before launch for sure

1 Like

I want to make sure the wrong perception of what I said isn’t happening here. I didn’t say it didn’t need attention prior to release directly.

If all my posts were read, I mentioned that the group activity we had on testing was mostly ok in drops considering the level we were at… maybe somewhat lack luster. So we won’t be running up against level 4 and 5 meteors at release (with gems and level 50 characters) and considering the key things that need to be done to fully support release, having this 5 or 6th on a list isn’t hurting anything. That was the only thing I was communicating as well as putting the concern in a thread that is more conducive.

I wasn’t against it being fixed just put in the right priority against all the other quality of life and game play issues they have. We all should be supporting the full release. We have weeks before 9/11 so they can get to it when they feel is the best time for all game components.

3 Likes

To be clear this is a bug. This size meteorite should be dropping around 30-40 items.

17 Likes

this is very good to hear!!! (I put 15 exclaimation marks but it trimmed it…)

5 Likes

deffinately broke :slight_smile: thanks Tobe

2 Likes

WE are very happy to hear this!!!

3 Likes

30-40 seems maybe a bit excessive considering the ease of spawning these things… but who knows.

3 Likes

Its not 30-40 oort, but items in general.

Think 10 oort, 8 fossil medium, 5 fossil large, 6 silver, 5 gold, 5 titanium, 2 tech components, 1 tech device and 3 random gems

Then it doesn’t seem to crazy. And t5 meteors are not easy

4 Likes

I never thought it was only Oort. That is why I put no qualification on the item. I get how loot tables work in this game. Overall that count still feels high considering the amount meteors that are possible to kick off compared to the amount of time it takes to actually get the same amount of resources across the whole loot stack. I’m not saying it is wrong just that it seemed high maybe.

2 Likes

feels right to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It takes quite a bit of work to get together enough people to spawn a t5 meteor in itself, and then the time it takes to complete it and etc - trust me, you can get significantly better value for your time via mining (I know, I have done a ton of mining and its the best value for your time economically)

With that in mind it doesn’t seem so bad

3 Likes

You understand that I am 2000 hours into the game, correct? I ran the fist community hunts we ever had and the ones when the meteor events started in the game. We had 30-40 people in them.

I complete appreciate you trying to explain things and everything and know you probably mean absolutely nothing by your post. But, sometimes when a person explains something that isn’t asked for and then used the words, “trust me” it can come off as condescending and talking down to a person when there is no real relationship between the two people that actual trust would have been obtained.

Maybe others could care less, but we will soon get a huge group of new players in the community and throwing “trust” and stuff around could cause problems between people we don’t need.

3 Likes

“Trust me” or don’t - my reputation isn’t going to take a hit if you choose not to.

But as a newer player who isn’t as detached from things, I have been experimenting with current builds, and I know what I am talking about when it comes to time based value. I’m an accountant, its what I do. So take that for what it is or leave it, its not going to bother me at all.

I probably overuse the phrase a bit, that much i will grant you - it may be a fault in its own way, but I am who I am, faults and all

1 Like

We completely need people that show facts in the game and give numbers and stuff so don’t get me wrong on that. We do need that and new player perspectives. I appreciate those views.

It is just something I’ve seen in areas that people can feel talked down too so just wanted to bring it up as a possible thing to consideration. We could easily say, "from what we have seen in the game… versus the trust part and it conveys the same thing basically without making people feel different.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this. People can sometimes react negatively to feedback that start’s with “trust me” because we’re all strangers on the internet, an’ when making a big purchase people try’n be really careful.

We just gotta tell them the truth and tell them the game’s strengths :slight_smile:

Fair enough, forgive my overuse of the phrase, I will try to state the point without the qualifier…

Trust me, I will forget and use it sometimes still ( yes, being facetious in this case! ) so bear with me

4 Likes

So I did lead “the end of the worlds hunt” yesterday. The reason why I wanted to run it was that I suspected that the loot tabels was not fixed yet @james. As everyone ells is saying it’s lacking and probably a bug.

The only said part about it that the less loot feels to may players including me that this is not good enough for continuing hunting and may players instead thought it was easier to do solo hunts. We eaven talked about plans for mass spawning meteors and let them go dormant to loot them. That’s not a good sign. I know there is alot of palyers out there that like the hunts and the social part of it. It’s such good way to get together and do something fun.

I will discuss my options on the combat (tank) in another post soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@virresss Did you see this from Tobelawe the developer?

I did :slight_smile:
I just had to post too. As I was leading the hunt :slight_smile:

I’ve had 3000 hours and been leading several hunts every week all from December to now and had 3-35 players it was really hard to count sometimes so probably more too.

I also remember that you stopped leading hunt when the because meteorite where introduced, you got too little Oort, also the meteors were no fun and you liked the old ways (the no feature). this is the reason why the fire caverns shut down.

You have been strongly argumenting that they were not good enough and recently you be been arguments that the solo meteorites need to be bee dropping more loot and then also that group hunt needs fewer drops.

My point, it does not matter what you do, if you are a pro or just a newbie. Everone is entitled to his or her oppinon. it feels sometimes hard knowing that you always is there to strongly argumenting agents so many players and sometimes correcting them. your opinions seem to take over too much sometimes, so chill down. its okay

In my opinion, It’s a bit higher than we had before on live before 195. But it doesn’t sound too much as it takes way more resources and works to get the group hunts going, for lvl 5+ meteors, rather than just go and mine your self. I think the group reward has to be good as it should reward players grouping up because that’s the hardest part of any game function. This is why the difficulty of the group hunt may need an increase, not for everyone but for the tank as the only hard planets are mounteen and alturnik as they have the hardest Debuffs in the game that you can’t block anymore.
so we may need to work a bit harder. higher risk, higher reward.

Furthermore, I believe the aggro may have been nerfed to mutch. to a point where I’m doubting if I’m tanking at all as I can’t hold aggro more than few mobs at the time and only the ones I hit and the ones I hit. I usually do too much dmg. so most mobs I shoot dies anyway 5 seconds later. but he this may be a good change. if we get harder mobs/bosses that the tank has to tank and focus on. the elite wild stocks is a good example. Ee might need the aggro brew to be able to pull full aggro if needed.

So I’m not complaining, as there are too many factors we don’t know about. I’m just saying that there is some sort of unbalance that makes the hunts very different from before and that one tank cant tank them all.

so all hunter you better get some defense now. and maybe some pies.

5 Likes

This is a good point that we haven’t touched on…
During the hunt both you and I were rocking Tank builds with the agro skill and we often times were at different side of the meteor… And even with the two of us we could not hold the mobs attention they were killing and targeting everyone else… In the prior version the agro system wasn’t great but at least it worked the current system doesn’t seem to work at all…

1 Like