Mint for coin

If you are looking ways to make money and xp gleam doors (5c) and refined gleam is good choice.
Some other mass production choices with nice coins could be also Reduction oil (10c) and Butter (7c) if you like farming :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just curious. The minter kinda seems a little useless.

Itā€™s literally a trashcan so you can get SOMETHING instead of just throwing it on the ground or in a lake.

4 Likes

I always drop my trash near someoneā€™s build or on property and shout look a flying sandwich or wow is that a new exo? The exo one seems to be the most effective

4 Likes

Lol nice!!

Thats what it was intended to be :wink:

2 Likes

@JDGroat check this post out has some great tips and links to other posts in it

2 Likes

Fresh and ancient essence mint for around the same price that people pay for them and theyā€™re pretty easy to get a bunch of : )
Edit: using a fully coiled minter, that is

The chrysominter is a fountain of coin. You just have to realize one thing, it rewards you for playing.

Throwing raw materials in it is (for many items) a waste of both cubits and coin.

Just one example, thereā€™s 24711 fresh vital essence on BUTT right now for less than the minter pays. You could literally buy them up and turn them around into the minter for over 9800c in profits. And thatā€™s just coin sitting there on shop stands.

Iā€™ve demonstrated making roughly 1k coins per minute refining gleam for the minter. Nearly 10x return on investment. Thatā€™s while making cubits at every step, and can be optimized considerably further.

Nah.

7 Likes

More gleam is on the way for youšŸ˜€ @Nightstar

IMO the minter pays way too much for a lot of items. It was promised on release that it would pay like 5-10% of market value. However, it mints some stuff for MORE than market value. This causes prices of some things to rise. I donā€™t think the devs intended for the minter to drive market prices. I think they should fix this. Although at this point they have let it go on for so long that there would be rioting at any minter nerfs.

Iā€™m not pro-nerf. I donā€™t object to people making coin off the minter. But I donā€™t think itā€™s good for the minter values to be driving market prices. It was supposed to be the other way around - market prices driving minter values.

1 Like

Minter is great when there are people like me willing to let those with patience make a profit lol.

I have just sold over 100k of essence for 3c each. I know I can mint it for more, but I also know I can make the difference in gathering more essence in that time.

I work my shop on a wholesale basis, buy a lot of my stuff and I make some. You can stick most of my stuff in another shop and retail it for a profit

I tend to toss it near other players, so it becomes their problem.
One manā€™s trash is another manā€™s treasure, right?

I disagree. It seems to me like part of the minterā€™s purpose is to help set minimum prices to keep the market balanced.

2 Likes

Actually iirc essence actually went down in price with the intro of the minter. :joy:

deh Oortiahn Mahn na gwan do de chichi ting!
de I mahn a REAL Oort-a-fariahn mahn deh
Dat ting a Cancya-mintah!

In all seriousness I donā€™t think itā€™s a good idea to give so much coin or have coils for a trashcan. Itā€™s an interesting mechanic but - look at Vital Essence. Itā€™s not something that is hard to make. Minter can give more than 3c, and who will buy 1 Vital for 4c, 5c? ā€¦ Now the only people buying it are people who mint it, when it could have been left to become a commodity of sortsā€¦

However all this is irrelevant because Boundless doesnā€™t actually HAVE a market. It has Planets. Many Planets. And a 3rd party price scanner loaded with so many warnings/disclaimers that I had to wonder if it wasnā€™t made for some other purpose. Without prices and trade across the game, all we have are market stalls, disconnected, uninteresting, put-it-up-maybe-someone-might-buy-it gameplay.

But yall love it so rock on man. Crazy world keeps spinning Minter dudes keep minting

2 Likes

You should join Swap Meet :blush:

2 Likes

They used to sell for around 7c before the minter. And people who make marble,brews, and forge use them.

You also have to remember this is a player market. There is no set pricing. There are no commodities. Anyone can get anything at anytime they feel like gathering it. Prices can change at anytime, there is really nothing to control it other then the person setting the price. So even for setting minter prices, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s extremely difficult to decide on the median or a true relative price. Our economy is completely volatile.

3 Likes

Yeah I sold hundreds of thousands of coins of profit too. I canā€™t really be bothered with the two step of making wood and stone into their final forms most of the time. And I occasionally put out other things that I think people might actually use, especially giving away refined stone or other blocks.

I wasnā€™t enthusiastic for the minter at first. Especially when it came with the change to fractional coins, which I figured wouldl sink a lot of prices for sure. And it has but not the economy over all as, especially with the minter helping to take the weight off of footfall, people are willing to still pay a ā€˜premiumā€™ for particular colors or items when they need them.

Over all, itā€™s turned out better than what I expected. Since itā€™s made the game for many people who would never have a chance int he old system of footfall and feats being the sole generators of coin I always find it worth mentioning when someone says itā€™s ā€œjust a trashcanā€ or ā€œnot really usefulā€.