[Misleading description] Survival Tasks with "Escape to temperate world"

There are many tasks from the survival category, do X things without dying, and then escape to world that is placid or temperate. The game does not tells what does it mean to escape. If you go through the portal, or via sanctum to a T1 or T2 world it won’t trigger. You are forced to use Warp Conduit which is not obvious at all. The twist is, that you don’t have make the warp conduit escape from the planet you were told to do tasks. You can just use portals to go somewhere safe, and then on for example T3 planet use warp conduits to warp to closes T2 planet to finally trigger it.

Questions: Why are we forced to use warp conduits? Is it some kind of stupid money sink? Spend on warping few thousand coins, so you will get in return 120? Or Is it bug, that portals don’t trigger ANY of the survival tasks?

Can you give examples of the objectives in question?

1 Like

For example this one above. I can’t make it register at all.

For some others like Gathering Survival Challenge*, i was able to get back through portal from T5 world to Lamblis, and then Warp through Warp Conduit to home on Nii Zed Ka.

But this one… won’t trigger ever.

The only think I did not try, is to warp through warp conduit from T5/T6 to T1/T2 worlds, because I don’t have any points in Warp And Portal Distance skill.

*Not the one in the screen, other gathering challenges, This one above is bugged on Live (raw starberries not dropping on T4+ worlds), and supposedly fixed internally.

I tried the task in the screenshot and it looks like it just doesn’t work at all, so I’ll add this to the bug database. Can you also provide details of the other tasks and objectives that were not working for you as well?

1 Like

Is there a database, or list of tasks? I had issues with many of those survival ones, and to be frank I really don’t remember their names. If I had list and what need to be done in them I could pinpoint those problematic ones, like need to use Warp Conduits instead of just escaping through a portal.

Would that not be the Journal -> Objectives tab as displayed in your screenshot above? If you have some of those objectives that could not be completed, they should be visible on that.

1 Like

The problem is, that some can be completed and I have completed them. Last step is always “Escape to World that is Temperate or safer” But nowhere in the description it says that escape means exactly Warp using warp conduits from any T3 or higher world to any T2 world. You can’t use portal and go to T2 or lower portal. You can jump through hundred of portals visiting all worlds few times in the process, but until you use Warp Conduits to “escape” it won’t trigger. You can even do that Warp Conduits to “escape” from a world when previous steps can’t be done, after going around the galaxy hundred of times, but you have to use Warp Conduits.

So in other words:

Portals don’t trigger “escape” part of Survival Challenges, and I see no reason why they shouldn’t, based on the description of the tasks.

If you go into the Objectives tab and display the Completed filter, you can find those objectives there. If you can give us the name of those objectives that you had issues with, we can have a look at them and check the descriptions.

1 Like

Mining Survival Challenge II and Mining Survival Challenge I I belive. Also An Elemental Expedition This I am sure, because I did it today. I think also A Dangerous Expedition. I am not sure about other like Metorite or Meteor-wrong, I think this one actually worked after other bug with it was fixed last week, but I am not 100% sure.

1 Like

Spotted the issue with “Mining Survival Challenge IV” and working on a fix. Is this the only one you were unable to complete?

2 Likes

So far this was the one I was totally unable to complete from the Survival ones. World Gatherer Survival Challenge I you should have in database, and I think it’s fixed internally by team. There are no others Objectives that I tried and failed to complete by something not triggering and were not fixed yet on live servers, beside those two.

I have some others but they are silly, like crafting mixer power coils when I have full set of advanced ones, forging bombs, setting up portals (will do them tomorrow, or maybe later this week, and report any problems), and trade ones which I will do after portals.

I to am having issues with challenge objectives. Two days ago I started ‘mining survival challenge 3 & 4.’ I completed both before escaping to a temperate or safer world. #3 cleared but doesn’t show in completed objectives and I’ve redone #4 twice again with no luck.

I’m also stuck on mining survival challenge IV. Also, weirdly, world gatherer 2 completed after I logged back into the game (already on Finata) and after jumping into a portal