Missing prestige again, need a dev please

Prestige calculations are buggy. Not much to do about it.

1 Like

Are you sure you dont have any bridging beacons? or maybe an uncompact one?

1 Like

It’s building related. If you’re building, sometimes adding blocks can make you lose a ton of prestige.

1 Like

Hmm
I don’t think so.
If you are adding blocks to a beacon. Prestige should go up. Because blocks do not have a negative prestige value. Yes, maybe placing a block could make the prestige only go up by 1 point. But I don’t think it would ever go down.

If OP replaced blocks with others, it is possible that the value went down, depending on the value of each block, the proportion of different values of blocks and the chiseling factor too.

That’s certainly how it SHOULD work I agree.

But it is bugged. That’s the definition of a bug.

1 Like

You can actually get 0 iirc from placing blocks but not negative. That’s all based on ratios of the blocks in the chunk/beacon etc.

But this sounds like what @Cuetzpalomitl said. Uncompact beacon or bridging

1 Like

I think you can “lose” prestige if you transform metals. For example copper < iron and silver < gold.

1 Like

Official reference please.

4 Likes

If you have any roads, bridges, incomplete areas, etc that might have a low compactness score, you could have lost some prestige there - but it should be temporary. If you correct it, it should go back up.

Since your issue happened after the last update, I’ll suspect there is an area with a low compactness score in your area. (if you’re sure no one removed beacons/blocks, no bridging settlements, etc)

If this is your area/town on that planet, there is a large area/beacon that has a low compactness score and will need to be filled in more to correct it. (yellow area = low compactness)

https://maps.playboundless.com/

3 Likes

I think this is the reference that says it works the way you are saying it does.

2 Likes

DK made a statement above saying that the prestige is bugged…I was asking for a reference that was posted by a Dev showing that “prestige is bugged” bc I have not seen one :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was just agreeing with what you said, with the reference I remembered from a previous conversation just like this one.

Edit: I should add that I do not doubt the OP lost prestige, I just think from previous talks on this topic that the problem is very unlikely to be from “adding blocks” causing you to “lose a ton of prestige.”

Either way, hopefully the Devs or someone can figure out what the real cause was for the lost prestige.

4 Likes

What happened with your last post? Since this happened before, what was the resolution before?

[Nomads] Nomadic Light has 5,143 Plots

an area with that many plots is very VERY tough to keep an eye on all those plots.

is it possible that someone within any of those plots was also working on their build at the same time? Or perhaps a large crop of prestige plants had wilted?

1 Like

Thank you everyone, I am going right now to check on the area James pointed out, if I can find it hehe. I didnt transform any blocks or do anything to roads or bridges, or do any plotting at all. I was just building a building. I will see if I can figure it out and let you know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it happened to me some while back and since then i have not checked the prestige anymore on any losses,my entire main build is over 30,000 plots and also gleam club for many years to come so i did not know what caused the loss. maybe this has to do with some areas on the planet being bugged , like when people say spots regenerate within their plots etc i’m not sure

Long shot but have you harvested a lot of crops recently? I’m fairly sure when I harvest all my kindling and goo my prestige takes a nose dive by about 170k (until I replant them all)

Dont get me wrong I have a LOT but maybe this is the cause

4 Likes

Nope, not from harvesting either, thought of that too. Great suggestion though :slight_smile:

Ok so the part on the map showing a problem with compactness is not me, it’s our road system, which is set up to go to our members’ areas. My boyfriend fixed this once already and now its messed up again. In four spots, at corners, there is a single purple dot we have no idea what it means. Can we not have roads with this new system? They are all 3 plots wide too. Here is one of the screenshots:

1 Like

You can still build roads, but the system now considers the compactness/density of the overall shape. You’ll need to fill in around the roads with more plots, until the compactness score on that road beacon increases to a “good” %. If you look at the beacon, you should be able to see the compactness score in the details.

2 Likes

I think you may want to take a step back before looking into that.

If it was not that beacon that lost the prestige, then you could be running in circles

Periodically, I would take a snapshot of your total Settlement Prestige, with all the beacon’s prestige amounts shown.

That way, if it happens again, you will know which beacon lost a chunk of prestige, and will know which one to focus on.

With “larger” builds that have many beacons, sometimes running around trying to find 1 specific spot is a very hard way to go about finding the root of the problem. This way, you’ll know which beacon is the issue =D

1 Like

If you plot up or down in that corner spot I think it will turn blue.

However, I think the fact that it’s blue and not green means it’s a road, or not compact, or both?

1 Like