Mob Spawn Rules

What are the rules regarding mob spawning? I can’t seem to figure it out. I’ve read several forum posts to no avail.

3 Likes

as far as I know: on solid ground, outside plotted areas (i believe they don’t spawn on foliage and such)

I got a large area plotted. got mobs on top of natural stone spikes (with tops unplotted) never any on natural treetops. also got some in caves under my plots. solid ground, wild, with 2-3 air blocks above it ?

1 Like

Grass has a role in it, I believe.

I have a giant artificial stone cave roof, and no monsters seem to spawn on there.

They spawn inside it, on unplotted grass.

the artificial roof is entirely plotted ground, so no spawns, the grass inside is wild floor with enough empty space above… I never have any spawns on artificial or otherwise plotted grass

How do people keep mobs from spawning in farms? My guildmate is putting a gleam farm together but mobs are all over the gleam ■■■■■. Would putting a roof on it help?

roof probably not, but maybe something like beacon control or a portal has a no spawn radius ? no idea…

On Houchus they spawn on everything trick is to plot everything and if your building on land build 2-3 blocks higher than the plotted area if you plot on a flat surface with unplotted land under they spawn on top so leave 2-3 blocks under for spawning well I speak for the “High Tier” planets lol

Think it’s different on low tier planets dough lol and cuddles fly so theres no keeping them out

3 Likes

Thanks. I will try this and see how it goes!

1 Like

In my experience, if the gleamball platform is small, and you portal in, they won’t spawn, but if you go too far away, they will spawn in.

I have a two-ball platform, and if you use Ball 2, then Ball 1 gets mobs on it. If you stay at Ball 1, you have no problems.

1 Like

i found if you keep getting mob spawns you need to just plot more… :stuck_out_tongue:

and thats how i wasted 500 plots on a tiny farm.

1 Like

The roof is going to help, to some extent. Just make sure it’s not in the top block of a plot. This creates an “unpolotted surface” level for them to spawn in.

If the gleam ball presents any flat spaces, especially at a plot level, they can still spawn on the side of it.

If the entire unplotted space is enclosed by walls you should have no problem at all, mobs won’t spawn inside it.

1 Like

Fantastic responses, thank you all.