Monster evolutionary variety - Add your own!

This is just a post for fun! We really need more of these, lol!

So the Oort are ancient race we are looting the tech components and such from, and its their portally ness that we harness now, or whatever. Idk that much about the lore, lol. Forgive me my ignorance!

But anyways, one way or another it explains why we have the same types of creatures on each world with the only variation being the elemental types and now the exotics.

What if we could take it a step further and say that over the thousands of years, some of these creatures evolved to be quite different, despite their similar origins.

So everyone here’s the game in this: Take a creature that already exists and make a variation of it. It can be minor or major, but it needs to share some kind of root with the original! And post it here so the devs can get some creative ideas and we can upvote cool concepts and have positive conversations lol

I will go first:

Cuttlesabre - A variation of the cuttletrunk that instead of a flying mass of tentacles, its a ground-based sabretooth tiger like thing with tentacles coming off it (think displacer beast?)

It could attack with a pounce that applies a slow, the it would claw its victims to death with an attack that does 0 knockback because it wants you to stay still. You’d be best off killing it asap or using your grapple to get away and killing it from range as it lacks a ranged attack

3 Likes

Thousands of years for evolution is not enough time…but, this is a fantasy game, and I want whales! So, I say a planet or two where the livestock have evolved into whales would be awesome! They could be super resistant to attacks, have a swallow attack and a headbutt or roll that crushes. But taking one down gives lots (and I mean lots) of meat and (new ingredient) blubber, used for oils (in Extractor forge recipes) or beacon fuel.

5 Likes

So, is this a suggestion for something that should actually be in-game? Because if so, I would prefer they focus on making completely separate species rather than varients… we still need the hunter and stone thrower/ground basher, and then I would prefer other species after that too

2 Likes

ok… imagine this…

A wildstock somehow mates with a cuttletrunk (wildtrunk? cuttlestock?) but here is a further twist…

While they were mating… the cuttletrunk flew them into a portal as a Citizen was passing through from the other side! Now… we all know what happens when two being occupy the same teleport mass right :wink:

So now its a cuttle-izen-stock :stuck_out_tongue: - or a cutllestockizen… or an izenstockcuttle and etc :stuck_out_tongue:

========================

Imagine this… your walking around the market minding your own and BAM not only do you get RAMED… but also beholder-beamed while trying to dodge an iron hammer!

3 Likes