Monster not active when in building

why monster is active when anyone is inside a building, shoulds they be non active toward player in building. but as sooner a player open it door and monster active to player… can this be added?

4 Likes

You won’t believe it but this is exactly what @dave was working on last week! :smiley:

7 Likes

i saw the monster marker is in red on my compass bar i was asking why i am hearing running footsteps that made from splatter
in my build

1 Like

With the new behaviour (coming in the creatures update) if a creature can’t see you for 30 seconds it will give up on trying to get to you. They will still wander around outside and if they do see you they will attack again.

10 Likes

In the current version, creatures naturally gravitate towards players and if they get too close they’ll become hostile unless you defeat them or run away. Hiding in your house is not enough because

In a future update, creatures will stop trying to attack you when you are in a house they cannot get in.

3 Likes

Will they still try and attack you if they can see you through a window?

2 Likes

Through a gap yes! Through a window block no.

4 Likes

So, uh, many of our creatures have poor eyesight and find their prey primarily by smell. Smells can’t travel through glass, so it provides a handy barrier for you to see them without them being able to spot you… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

window block confirmed!!! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

@james sorry but after this I’ll have to reconsider who’s my favorite dev :smiley: :rofl:

Awesome, hope there will be some more goodies in that creatures update, I guess that’s the one where the creatures get more “weapons” to use etc?

lol smart workaround :smiley:

It happens in the real world

10 Likes

even smarter workaround :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i wish i could

lol silly dog is afraid

This first bit… this is spitters in a nutshell!

4 Likes

Lol that running in circles.

1 Like

Good good, I hate the sound of Spitters running! ><