More cleanse points while in pre-1.0

Hey @james @luke-turbulenz, I have a suggestion for you, it would benefit both sides (devs & players). Since we’re in pre-release stage. It would be beneficial for you to give us unlimited cleanse points. Players who have maxed out levels or are above level 30 will have very little chance to give feedback on different skills/builds. I’m level 33 now, and with recent crafting balancing, I won’t see next chance to adjust build in some time.
The only alternative would be to take alt account (I have a few) and experiment on them, but I think most players have 1 account and don’t have that luxury to experiment.

edit: another benefit, if somebody want to gather data to see how different skills/builds work with different tools or professions, it’s quite impossible at the moment. By the time I can craft all the tools I have most likely invested most of my skill points. I can’t test wooden hammer, stone hammer etc with power on level 1-10, I could use multiple accounts to do that but that’s a bit over the top :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Great idea

1 Like

awesome idea, ive had my hammer mastery, agi, and durability for awhile now and I’m level 33. I wouldn’t mind trying to put my points into something else.

1 Like

This would be abused instantly !

Go mining… put all skills in mining.
Next, go hunting… put all skills in hunting. Etc.etc.

I don’t think it is a good idea to give players unlimited cleanse points.

2 Likes

So? We’re in alpha version :slight_smile: There’s no real win/loss yet. Even that approach you said would be a learning/testing process. After some time players could say by hearth which build is good for what :wink: And that still would require that everything is already balanced and polished. How can you give feedback on hunter skills if you can’t ever try them?

edit: yes we would get kinda god mode for a while, but on the other hand we do give a lot back :smiley:

4 Likes

Well as you said you can use multiple accounts for that, you do have those. So you can test what you want, right.

We have to be carefull not to get spoiled again with something that will bite us back in the ***** when we do no longer have that option. We saw that happen with the ridiculous high jumping !

We do get new cleanse points after leveling up anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah, I did over react on that :smiley: For a moment I forgot we’re in alpha :slight_smile: Not my best day lately. About cleanse points on level up/multiple accounts I already told what I think.

I think the DEVS are far more interested to see how we progress with the current system. Balancing the game is what they are after constantly with our feedback.
Let’s not introduce an ‘unlimited cleanse points’ option that will totally destroy the way we progress.

Chose your skills wisely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, if I had extensive guides on how to build certain roles I would :slight_smile: Thanks for the advice.

edit: as an alternative, maybe introduce weekly bonus cleanse points or something in that direction

2 Likes

Maybe that could be tested on a ‘test server’ as an alternative.

Or maybe on a ‘test server’ for a few unique chosen players to give feedback to the DEVS.

Yes it would be abused but who cares? The main thing we’re trying to help accomplish here is provide feedback and the biggest most serious players would be able to provide sooooo much more feedback being able to test out more skill configurations. This is not something you wanna figure out after 1.0 is live. And at this point it’s not like there’s skills that are considered cheats so I really don’t see how it could be abused. I would love to fully test out all the skills and with the current state of slower exp gains (not complaining) it simply isn’t feasible.

9 Likes

Maybe they should setup a ‘test server’ for this then. So it does not interfere with the live server so we can all still provide our feedback on the live server with the now balanced progress system in place.

1 Like

That could work too😁

It would be far more valuable for Devs to implement the “multiple characters per account” feature/idea I’ve seen floating around. This would allow alt CHARACTERS rather than alt ACCOUNTS to be used for skill testing.

1 Like

Yep, that’s a good point. It would help. Though what I suggest still stands.

They are working on that I believe.

So I guess we have to be a little bit more patient :slight_smile:

You cant abuse skills, not even in the alpha version. Just think if no one had put all their skill points into jump then when the game came out we all might have actually jumped that high.

all joking aside…
you cant find problems where no one is using skill points

5 Likes

Did you choose yours wisely? :joy:

I’ve just been dumping my skills wherever. I’m not too concerned during this iteration of the game, but for the final release I’d like a means of gaining more Cleanse Points post level cap - which appears to be intended;

I do have a question though; seeing as most of us are intentionally avoiding inactive skills right now, will there be a server wide skill reset when things such as bombs and lances are implemented?

5 Likes

Yeah, that is why I could level pretty fast. And when I made the wrong choice (after testing) I used cleanse points to undo. :smiley:

much as i hate to encourage helping the test players of any game in any way, I probably won’t return until we have new characters/the ability to reset the whole tree. I spent way too much time investing in what i thought would be a movement bug for many months to come, and now that it’s gone, I have essentially invested every single one of my skill points in making movement difficult to control and being really shitty at everything else. So i am in support of this entirely.

3 Likes