Most Central Planet

Is there a planet you would consider more central than most of the others?

I haven’t really looked so just throwing it out there before I spend some time researching. Mostly looking at the lower tiers of course.

1 Like

TNT found Circarpous is the one, as far as I know, when they built their main hub. I think they wanted to make a hub to which worlds would connect directly without regional hubs (each planet straight to the same central hub) and finding a centrally located world would allow to make portals size acceptable.

3 Likes

Here is a link to a 3D map of the homeworlds.

Basically, Till, Circa and Delta are the three centermost worlds.

5 Likes

That chart is amazing!! :star_struck:

1 Like

AFAIK It’s Circarpous I as the others couldn’t support the megahub’s consistent format.

3 Likes

You’re right. Taking a look at the numbers for portal size here, Circa does look more central and more consistent than the others.

1 Like

Has anyone done the maths (asking because I can’t be arsed, am not able to, and won’t) on whether or not having daisy chained portals through the higher level planets (to the “right” in the 3d model) is more or less expensive than say a TNT like hub on Alcyon or Galan or something?

I’m not somewhere I can do the math on the oort cost, but I’m pretty sure it would take at least 3 hubs to get the job done.

It would be an interesting task to determine the top few optimal layouts based on oort cost and region switching.

1 Like

Yep the math was carried out.
It’s the whole reason we put the megahub where we did.
It was either circ or biitula when we worked out the Oort collective Oort cost.
The advantage of biitula was T3 the disadvantage drama aside was that an Aussie gateway would be needed.
In the end we wanted to reach every T1 to T4 and only have an upper gateway.

2 Likes

I’m just curious here, but howcome an aussie gateway would be needed if it were on Biitula? Is it because the portals would be too big to manage?

From Biitula > Boori is 14 blinksects, Lasaina is 20 and Lutrion is 17. You would be able to reach all 3 from Biitula (but it would cost quite a bit of oort)

Maybe my recall is incorrect I thought for some reason one of them was unreachable directly.
It may have been cost.
Tbh when we were scouting circ just seemed that much better being a lush planet.

1 Like

Perhaps I didn’t express myself clearly …

I meant a second hub for the higher worlds exclusively.

Anyway … I don’t know why it was ever in question … the Moist Central Planet is Sochaltin I. :wink:

2 Likes

That graph is amazing! Gives such a feel for how the planets are laid out.
I have wanted to do a 3-D in game version of the planets with the use of atlas-ais. Which sadly also means shop stands which totally ruins the flow. Giggle.

1 Like

Moist? typo or is it just a darn wet planet :wink:

4 Likes

If I have to explain it, you haven’t stayed on Sochi long enough. :wink:

I’ll let ya know after I do the atlas for that one ;))

1 Like