Mountain stronghold with a little harbor

hey guys and girls :slight_smile:
My english isn’t realy good, but i’ll try :smiley:

For a few days i passed by a huge mointain with an awesome lake infront on it.

i started the entrance yesterday but i’m not sure about some details and some principles.

my thoughts are: 1. i break all down and build a higher one with an huge gate left beside it
2. i take this, but build the first floor higher, make the pillars 2 blocks higher and thicker so
that the second floor looks a little more better
3. i’m not sure wat i have to do with the holes on the sides. i thought i put lamps in it but
mhh… ^^

Later on i want to build a little port infront of the mountain but i don’t know if this “gate” will be the only building which comes out of the mountain or if they’ll be multiple little buildings all over the cliff.

perhaps some of you have a few ideas. so let me know what you think.

8 Likes

nobody answered so i had to make my own decisions. :smiley:

i moved the hole part a littebit to the left, so it’s more in the center of the left mountain and build it wider.

but i have a simple question for now :smiley:

copper?

hot orange?

or cool slate?

3 Likes

I think copper looks best and cool slate blends in too much.

5 Likes

I love the use of reflection in the first set of photos. Nicely done.

FWIW, I like the wood (hot orange?) around the lamps more than the copper/slate.

-R

Wow - love your build! That’s certainly worth expanding on. For what it’s worth … copper!

@neuralnet84 yeah, you’re right. the cool slate looks a bit weird. thx

@RavenTwospirit it’s stone but wood icould be a good idea. i’ll try it out :smiley:

@Vic56 your kind words are rly appreciated :slight_smile: but there’s not much to see. only a wall with a hole behind ^^

I’d use a dark wood.

The copper makes it pop out and adds some pizzazz! Homes that flat wash colors are boring so make things stand out where you can.

Another vote for the copper window.

Nice place.

hello everyone :slight_smile:
little update for tonight.

i designed the second floor and build a gate.

the right side of the gate looks a bit weird because that are ramps and it changes the pattern of the iron squares… it looks one to short, but it isn’t. have to found a solution for it. ^^
also i must find a nice little design for the middle of the upper part.