My first experience with goo farming

So, I have set up my goo farm. I don’t really have any ‘expectations’ for it. It’s just something I hadn’t done in game, so wanted to try.
I took a bunch of ugly goo (if it’s not purple, I think it’s ugly, lol), placed it on stark lavender gleam and just let it go wild. Seeing how far I can get it to mutate. It’s kinda fun. The problem seems to me, it’s got such a dreadful seed drop rate that I can’t make much progress. I finally get yellows into blues, and all the seeds are gone! And since it mutates in soooo many different directions you can’t really build up a stash. Now, I’m sure if I was serious about it, I could make better choices, but I’m mostly playing.

Indeed. Goo farming can be both very satisfying - but also frustrating lol.

I would advise you to get a larger selection of goo. Going from yellow to purple you’d need multiple rounds of mutations - and yea you’d lose your supply to the dismal seed drop rate.

If you want lavender - You’re better off using blues, turquoise’s, or even reds.
You can always plant your “ugly” goo on black or white. (Dark shades on black, light shades on white). Those colors are pretty useful for paint mixing - White can be added to many luminous pigments to squeeze out some additional spray cans.

Also note: You don’t need the pure pigment in the color you want necessarily. Sometimes you can mix two completely different pigments together to get the paint you need.

For example: Some ratio of Dark Mustard + White = Ashen Taupe.

Thank you for the tips! I’ll set up some black and white gleam and start slapping the ugly stuff on that :wink:
I know i wasn’t being productive in what I was doing. I had read alot of people get frustrated with it, so I wanted to just goof off, but I don’t want to keep being wasteful so time to get seriiioussssssss

you will end up with a lot of ugly pigments. you can use them as filler (add some to the mixer - just enough to not change the final color (same as with mutations, you want to use similar colors for best results) and you’ll get some extra sprays of the desired color

1 Like

OOooo…like I can put in (example) 4 lavenders and one yellow and I’d end up with 5 lavenders? That’s handy :wink: It’s like using the ugly yellow gleam for marble before everyone had their own gleamball :)))

I would suggest to wait before going into mixing and all. Since it seems the next update is now including 2 goo specific skills

4 Likes

Don’t take it too seriously :wink: just have fun with it.

I’ve only been back a few weeks but i know the supply of different colors from Sovereign planets really impacted goo/paint farming. IDK how profitable it is now.

But having a farm set up to create your own personal supply for colors you like is still satisfying. I have a small luminous blue setup going since i use to much lumi blue.

I believe there are a few resources for mixing.
boundlessinfo.com has a color mixer/goo mutator function.

And there’s a spreadsheet around the forums somewhere that can recommend pigments.

1 Like

yes pretty much. but the further away in hue and brightness the filler pigment is, the lower amount of it will have an effect on the final color

I am definitely trying to just see it as a fun thing and not for resale. I figure I can’t be disappointed that way :))

1 Like

When I started goo farming, my idea was to sell spray. Then the more I was into it the more I changed my mind, and now I am mainly producing spray for my personnal needs. I am selling sometimes spray to friends who requests and I am also selling extra extra overpriced spray painted blocks (my end goal is not really to sell those, I just want to see all the colors in my shop, I know I’m weird ah ah ha^^) and that’s pretty much it!

To this date, I’m still enjoy my goo farm and going on exo to get some extra when the colors suits me :slight_smile:

And like @OnlyOneShinobi said, I am also highly recommending boundlessinfo.com
To me, it was a game changer. I have spend countless hours in research to discover mutations by myself and don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it but I am enjoying that tool even more now XD

Most important, have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, I’ve managed to push my ugly yellow goos (planted on stark lavender) to about 3/4 various blues and the rest greys. But, I am down to my last 5 or 6 seeds, so this will likely be my last mutation.
I’m stupidly excited to report one of them is growing up to be stark lavender! I have accomplished my goal and can now just work on goo farming more ‘normal’ like ;))

3 Likes