My plots disappeared? Lost everything

I had multiple plots that I got with my beacon plotter. I came back and most have all disappeared and been turned back into the original world…

I had used all 20/20 plots…but now it says I have used 5 out of 20 plots. My beacon still has 5 weeks left. Do I need more beacons? These plots were like only 2 plots away from the original beacon.

This also means I lost over 90% of the blocks I had made, my crafting table and storage box which held important items, and other important items.

I am basically back to the point when I finished the tutorial objectives…and this is very annoying because this is the character I had gotten the furthest on…

If needed, I can stream the game and someone can watch. I can show where my plots were, my beacon, etc.

Is it possible you placed the plots and connected to another beacon or campfire in that area which ran out of fuel?

1 Like

No. There was only one beacon in the area that I owned.

There are beaconed plots next to me, but I don’t have any permission with those.

These plots of mine had also existed for at least 5 days…

1 Like

Have at any time moved beacon?

I destroyed a beacon, but way before I placed any plots. I never moved any beacons.

There are two concepts for a beacon and a beacon control. The beacon control is just an interface to the actual beacon. If you had two beacons and destroyed one beacon control you still had two separate beacons (one with a control and one without). Adding plots could then have added them to the second beacon without a control - which expired.

Does this sound possible? That’s the closest theory I can offer barring a bug.

3 Likes

I came to say this, I’ve seen this exactly happen before.

2 Likes

You sure they are not connected? The beacons? Because I place two with in a plot and I could access the same interface from either beacon and they shared fuel… Or if you place two beacons with their own plots and they eventually connect by plots are they still separated?

Beacons do not merge automatically and the beacon control is just a UI for the beacon of the plot it is placed on.

So 100 beacon controls placed in the same existing beacon still means one shared beacon (with 100 points to interface with it). But place another beacon control on a new plot (and fuel it), then destroy that beacon control - and you still end up with two different beacons.

EDIT: @james it might be prudent to force each beacon to have at least 1 beacon control?

4 Likes

I do not like being forced to have a beacon control.

1 Like

Once you place it, it should be able to be access from your “beacon” menu under places even after the beacon control is removed. Or is there a reason why that’s not possible?

2 Likes

The plots I added connected to the plot where the existing beacon is…not the one where the old beacon was.

And these plots were around for at least a week, except a few of them. The other beacon that I destroyed also had like over 6 weeks of fuel…