My Settlement is No Longer a Settlement?!?

New Las Vegas

Previously #14 on Berlyn…
Is No longer considered a Settlement with over 150K prestige…

I can only figure my neighbor Sand Hill Outpost decided to add a plot to our border thus causing me the far bigger settlement to no longer be a settlement…

would like to get this fixed…

My Beacon is Called Evil Pink Bunnies Desert Oasis if that helps…

Note it was a settlement yesterday and Today its not, so not sure if this has anything to do with similiar issues listed in the Release bug section

I do believe its more likely to do with my neighbor and him adding a plot to our border!

I had to move my plots and an entire building because his shared border causes this exact same thing to happen… Not really wanting to move every time he decides to encroach on me…

Trying to figure out the problem myself, no luck… there is a 1 plot space between the Sand Hill Outpost and my “No Longer settlement” just beacon… and when I hit all the blocks they say wild and not reserved but oddly when I stand on these non claimed plots it says I am inside of Sand Hill Outpost…

I’m not sure that 1 plot gap is big enough to prevent joining? There will be a better expert than me!

Its worked fine for the last couple months…

And what is the need for this plot that hangs over the edge of this cliff with nothing in it thats causing these issues!

Okay so I went up there to investigate and its a new area he plotted to evidently have a scenic over look of New Las Vegas…

So now I am thinking I could fix this bye just joining my beacon with a plot to his… Thus I would become the new warden right since my beacon dwarfs his?!? Seems maybe a bit cruel to do… but I am getting a bit annoyed with this ordeal…

If your settlements are only one plot away from each other, then they’re already joined. There needs to be at least a 2 plot gap between settlements for them to remain separate (although I’m not 100% certain regarding whether vertical differences in where plots are claimed affects this).

If you do happen to agree to join your settlements, I would recommend doing so with 3-4 plots all together, otherwise a single line of plots can have a detrimental effect to your prestige.

How do you agree to join I have never seen this guy…

Why is it he can toss in a new plot and make my settlement no longer a settlement???

He was rank 54 I was rank 14… But him just one day deciding to toss in an additional plot so he can have a nice view of my town means he can just invalidate my town???

I have put in a ton of effort on this town and the last time this happened and I pulled an entire building back, and then had to leap frog a spark core, plus move several very filled up shelving units of stuff… And then deconstruct and reconstruct the house…

I need to do this again??? And whats from keeping him from putting another plot closer to my border a third time?!? Why am I the larger town having to go thru so much hassle for him??? He litterally dug a tunnel into the hillside and plotted it so he could have a nice view of my town… no blocks were placed no glass was put up nothing but a square tunnel and now I have to move my property because he wants to peek at my town thru the hillside?!?

Well then, since a developers has responded but not actually helped I guess my only way to fix the issue is too
take over this guys settlement… So be it…

I’ve seen that testing 191 has changes to the system and better explanations of what is going on in the affected beacons so there’s a chance that your scenario has already been given attention in the patch coming early this week :wink:

2 Likes

The next update (due early next week) tweaks the Settlement algorithm and better reports what is happening.

It might be worth waiting for it before doing anything significant.

4 Likes

Also worth noting that I am not a developer (well, at least not a game developer) :wink:

3 Likes

Removed a plot from sand hill and hope it fixed the problem. More than happy to adjust if it helps. My portal network will reopen soon and will be open to any that find it useful. Sulfurblade thanks for finding me in game so we could work it out, if more is needed just reply here and i , i look at the forum daily.

6 Likes

You can also re-add your own settlement in name.

By adding | Your Beacon’s name - Your Old Settlement Name | to each beacon. If it isn’t too long, personally i’d like a few more characters on beacon names to do this. As i am beginning to split my build up into districts.

Maybe one day they will add districts so it does this automatically, and we can keep our ‘warden’ over the district you’ve built inside the greater settlement. That and have a setting to disable settlement joining if we want to would be appreciated.

Well I don’t know how long it takes but my beacon still hasn’t become regained its settlement status…

So how does this fix my support issue today? How is this an answer to my issue? Did I post for help in support so that I could vent my frustration? Did I simply want an ear to listen to me or did I want my issue fixed?!?

Probally the latter… Its been almost a day and nothing has been done in anyway to fix my issue from anyone associated with Boundless?!?

I have tracked down my neighbor he has removed a plot the only plot that could have been classified as being inside of the 2 plot margin needed, it didnt fix the issue!

I feel like a person who has pulled into a full service gas station where the gas station attendant is busy on the phone with his Girl Friend and I am having to pump my own gas!

belief me a week and it may be fixed is a nice offer
more then what most people get the devs dont coment on everything so
thats allready something they dont always let us now what they doing but alot gets fixed every update they put out there
its a beta so expect things to not work
best thing you can do is posting everything that happens the devs read everything
it always shows when updates arive

if you post in this section you always get dev replys to help fix the issue
channel -----Release 190 - Report issue here

the curent system fixes more old issue then it creates new ones

This is the Support section, where you are suppose to go to get support from a payed employee not
commentary from the peanut gallery!

I expect prompt support I am a customer! If you don’t have time to do this then get rid of the support section if its too much of a hassle!

The fact is a dev took his time out to post nothing that helped anything if he had the time to do that he had the time too also write…

Were sorry due to other more important issues we do not have time to look into your issue… Or we will look into your issue tomorrow or something!!! What he posted didn’t help anything or convey any message at all…

1 Like

our manager has a day off sir please be patient :smile:
im just doing my job hahaha
we have a bad graphiccard you can hit with a hammer in the corner in the meantime

3 Likes