Name of my little slice of the world

I personally hate that pop up and wish I could disable it as it is distracting when I want to travel around and usually I never read it. Having a different pop up when entering every plot would also be incredibly annoying.

I’ve seen lot of people get upset over that pop up and I’m starting to think the only way to “solve” the issue is to remove it entirely.

That could quite certainly be the case. Who knows though we will just have to wait and see what the devs do on the matter.

Lots of people ask me how i get my prestige so high when my builds are not huge or all refined gleam. There are a few ways to raise your prestige without showing it.

1. Make sure EVERY block in your build that does not show is refined gleam or better. If it is under a floor or behind a wall or pillar or whatever just throw down some refined gleam. Also chisel every block that doesn’t show once.

A note on this this one, make sure you are using EVERY block you have claimed. if there are 3 levels of blocks under your floor that you own and your not using them make them refined gleam or brick or decorative stone or whatever you have lying around.

2. The more you chisel the more points you have.

3. Use blocks from OTHER planets.

4. add gem torches (this can be costly or time consuming for some people but they dont have much visual impact besides light which in my experience is difficult to make look bad.

I like the current system of towns, settlements etc. But I can see why it’s annoying for someone to randomly swallow your town.

How about when you log into what is your base only to be accosted with the name of the settlement that has the highest prestige. Up until today, it was my settlements name, now it’s someone else’s name. Every time I log in. It’s like I was evicted from my home and placed into somewhere else.

1 Like

The biggest reason I’m not liking what happened is that I had just setup a portal on Biitula’s PS portal hub with the name of my settlement. Now, when people portal in, they get a different name than what is above my portal. I would think that would be confusing. If I have to ask the PS guild folks to change the sign every time the settlement that has control of my name changes, I would think that the PS guild folks would get rather annoyed. I know I’m annoyed by it.

That and the name that is displayed now is rather lame. I’m sure the person who owns the name thinks it’s fine, but it just seems weird to me.

This really does not bother me in the slightest as it has no effect on anything I do in game and is on screen for maybe 10 seconds at most.

I wouldn’t worry about that. Other players understand how it works.

No one in PS is going to get annoyed by request to change signs. I imagine it is one of the city portals you are talking about and not one of the shop portals?

No, it was a shop portal, which now thanks to this weird name, sounds nothing at all like a shop.

Since your shop portal is owned by you can choose whatever name you like it does not need to match up to the settlement at all.

Most players have shop names loosely relating to what they are selling at their shops and it seems to be a pretty successful idea.

Like I said, don’t worry about it. All the players know how the city system works. No one expects the header to always match the store name. There are cities with 20-30 shops, each with portals of their own and each one shows the name of the city, not the shop, when you portal to them.

Not knowing how the city system works as a new player, I was taken aback by the change of name of my home. The biggest problem is, I don’t like the name chosen by the new warden. It may not all be his fault, English is not his first language so it sounds very weird.

It’s fine, I’ve taken down most of my structures. I’m now starting the search for a new location. I plan to get about as far away from the capitol as I can. Hoping that there is a large about of open space to build and not worry about neighbors for a short time at least.

I’m hoping my new neighbor will be a little more agreeable and not connect our settlements until we are both ready for the connection.

1 Like