Natural looking gravel pathways.. HELP!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a gravel path look natural? I’m trying to make it blend better into my cave build. I want to also make it look worn in the middle. I’m not good at doing natural. It has liquid on one side and the other drops down to the center. I tried to chisel it and put soil in the middle but Meh!.. not sure.

1 Like

Mix in some other blocks the same colour as your gravel. Rock,ash and stone. Have some random dirt spots as well. Make the edges of your paths not just a straight line. Check out how @Apt does it at his place. He really is a master of textures.

13 Likes

Break random blocks on your path. Then fill those spaces with random blocks such as dirt and rock.

Then add Boulder’s and maybe some fungi at random too

5 Likes

:100: This.

4 Likes

Thanks for coming to check out The Void last night… I knew you wouldn’t have any trouble :smiley: especially with that black ice in the tunnel :stuck_out_tongue:
I will be using gravel and Igneous rock for the path… I think… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check Pyrr Empire / Castle.

Regards,

2 Likes

I’ve been here a few times and the sov. I haven’t looked at the paths tho. I will go back there this evening after work and take a much closer look.

2 Likes

It was my pleasure. Thanks for showing me. And the place is looking great. :+1::+1:

1 Like

I’ve been there a few times but never had much time to explore. Chill morning to explore :sunglasses: I keep finding new things every time I come.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s amazing. I was telling apt when I was completing atlas that I could see his influence in people’s builds around the whole planet. There’s lots of good builds there and you can tell they were inspired by his place.

4 Likes

Every time I find a build I think was inspired by you, I end up finding out it is just you doing it… crazy building machine you are!

2 Likes

This just made me laugh. :rofl:
It is pretty cool how you can tell who builds what buy seeing the different build styles. All of us have a particular look to our builds even if we aren’t trying. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I haven’t found mine yet. I really am enjoying the void and the cave tho… Vanq thinks he can take credit for that but nooooo… the idea was there way before him lol

3 Likes

Do I have One Can’t tell boop

2 Likes

I did get a cookie taste one day and I thot… hmmm this looks like BabyCookies style… lol… it was one of your places I found one day. We went back later on to explore.

1 Like

Fully agree. I had a discussion with a player who said it wasn’t true but my experience is that how much I try I always have the same style ^^

Glad one of boundless best builders says it too :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah I was at HSE and said to jaidic this looks like baby cookies build… and it was. :joy:

1 Like

This might help.

2 Likes

absolutely. especially in Boundless because the color combos and chisel patterns can be very specific. in minecraft and similar a larger scale is needed, so maybe their doubt comes from there

3 Likes

I figured out how I want to do the path. :slight_smile: I decided to use gravel, igneous rock, and soil with black grass. They blend well together… and for the sides that are too straight, I’m going to put thorns and s*** along the side.

2 Likes