Near future feature wish list

Hey folks

I’m just thinking about what features should find their way into the game through the next one or two greater updates, so let’s talk about high and medium priority feature wishes. Let’s keep it not to massive, so each of us should suggest one or two high priority ones (very important for the actual game experience) and one or two medium ones (not so important, but still nice to have).

I just make the beginning:

High priority:

• chests (would make the handling of the inventory easier and also gives purpose to homes and outposts)
  • usermade beacons (less work for James and also good for handling the own places ingame (with avoiding griefers))

Medium priority:

• personal teleport through ingame mechanics (jump to friends or home places excluding the game option menue. Would also improve the creation of friendships and guilds)
  • first wearables (just a personal want to have" :wink: )
7 Likes

I think chests are definitely my highest personal priority.

Highest:
-Chests
-Dual Wield
Medium:
-I really enjoy the animation of switching between the inventory and crafting, but it’s kind of taxing. It might be nice to just have one on the left side and one on the right again but keep the jumping animations of the items. I can probably get used to the current system as it’s optimized though.
-Moving items on the main toolbar should not drop the items being replace into the inventory, but should rather make them be placed on the mouse
-Items crafted should seek a previously existing item in the inventory to stack into instead of creating multiple stacks

2 Likes

I only have one real “feature” that I’m wishing to see for the game and that is for the game to evolve to focus more on the MMO and RPG elements instead of devolve into a building-focused game only. Looks very promising though from someone who has just started following (and backing :smile:) the project.

4 Likes

Highest: Progression
Medium: Wearables

as they said the foundation have been made now and they can start adding the meat to the game, i look forward to the point where you actually have to do something in the game rather than it just building :smiley:

5 Likes

I´d like to see a few new props coming along with the next update. Like (Minecraft like) signs and ladders.
I´d also love to see if the chisel could chisel more materials.

I think those would be two doable goals for the next update.

But the thing I´m definetly looking forward the most is Crafting II (aka. Oort Redstone (hopefully) :smile: )

1 Like

Yeah signs are neat. i would like to recommend as an extention a sort of ‘‘sign block’’ so instead of placing it as a prop you could put it on a wall as a ‘‘street number’’ which could greatly help when the kovah city comes along further.

Like in Minecraft? :smile:

2 Likes

Ohh… didnt know they could be hanged, yeah like that :smiley:

High:Titans,chest,Another playable race.
Medium:Creates,Warps,Portals
That’s about it for me,but I’d really like to get in to another race,hopefully it will be more canine.

What is this?

Think he meant Crates AKA chests

Containers are the highest priority to me! I need to be able securely store my blocks for exploration and keep certain irreplaceable items (water / lava source) secure! Proper block storage would be a first step towards moving away from infinite blocks and the beginning of actual economy.

In addition to containers, mineral nodes and crafting materials beyond stone and wood items. Those two things will finally allow a survival and trade aspect to the game.

As the game exists now, it’s only catering to builders and explorers. Add chests and mining and crafting, and you will attract a significant portion of the MC community. Finally, add titans and lore to the mix and you have a recipie for genre domination.

3 Likes

He already has “chest” in the High list.

No,my bad. I was typing fast, I meant new creatures.:joy::joy:

1 Like

High priority:

• chests (would make the handling of the inventory easier and also gives purpose to homes and outposts)
  • usermade beacons (less work for James and also good for handling the own places ingame (with avoiding griefers))

Agreed.

I’d also like to add: making “infinite” actually infinite when crafting. Now that there are actually creatures who can frag me, visiting my grave-site and collecting my tools has become much more frequent, as is having to recreate them.

It’d be nice to craft a new grapple, hammer, shovel, etc. without having to farm the resources first. Just collect one trunk, and stone, go infinite, craft replacement stone, replace the trunk and stone, make a stick and craft the items.

I wouldn’t think it too difficult, and it can go the way of the dodo when infinite goes too.

Medium priority:

• personal teleport through ingame mechanics (jump to friends or home places excluding the game option menue. Would also improve the creation of friendships and guilds)
  • first wearables (just a personal want to have" :wink: )

I also would like to see the first: Some mechanism to get to friends in-game would make it much easier to play together. Though, doing the coord dance, and travelling across unknown territory, avoiding pigs, and other hazards would be missed… a tiny bit.

Wearables, Titans, progression, and others mentioned would all be really cool (and I want them in game), but I’m afraid they are also lots more work, so I could wait for them to be ready while I happily build away in the meantime…

K

3 Likes

Of course, portals would make some of the tedium (nay adventure) out of gathering together on each world… hint, hint. :wink:

1 Like

Just get the resources then press “I” and there all infinite blocks.

only for placement. When crafting, an “infinite” stack of 4 sticks and 1 stone will be consumed when making a hammer/grapple. Same is true when making the planks/sticks in the first place.

Collect 1 trunk, go infinite, and then craft a plank, the “infinite” trunk will be consumed.

K

2 Likes

Also for clarity (not being snarky) infinite is now “,” (comma) in 112.

1 Like

Oh, that’s a quite nice example for a #firstworldproblem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I for my part hope that the infinite mode will leave the game soon or at least will be limited to a set of “creative worlds” … Feels so senseless to mine and collect stuff with this ability in mind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes