Nearly 200 foilage now and no fibrous leaf

Did luck got nerfed recently or am i just extremly unlucky?
Foilage on besevrona does not seem to drop leafs anymore, for me anyways^^

Edit: after About 250 foilage o got 1 leaf…

Have they ever dropped from foilage? Look for Desert Sword flowers instead…

2 Likes

Yes, i am removing foilage from the Ocean Floor to continue Building, got them more or less every 30 or so foilage. Just not anymore.

Ya I’ve only ever gotten them from desert swords too.

1 Like

I have never seen one drop from Foliage. However, it is listed as a ‘Very Rare’ foliage drop on Lvl 4-6 worlds, in the Knowledge Tab.

1 Like

Well i got them more or less regulary, as i said, hence i am here to Maybe get someone to look into the algorythm or something^^ … you know, hope dies last etc.

Yeah ***** from desert sword flowers there’s lots cephonex merika in the canyons

yeah I’ve definitely noticed luck does nearly nothing. it is NOT worth the skill points anymore.
I wish it was like back in early access… you could get up to 5 of most drops.
now its like 3 max :face_vomiting::sob:

1 Like

Try heading to Gellis with max collecting and luck and what not skills (lol sorry lazy) and look for Desert Sword plant. I usually easily get 800+ per trip.

1 Like

I farmed 1000 foliage yesterday. 0 fibrous leaf. I think the knowledge tab may be inaccurate in saying its a potential drop. Desert sword however is 100% drop rate of fibrous leaves and are everywhere on a T1. Sometimes in clumps of 3-5+ desert swords in a 10 block radius. (At least on sorissi)

Also luck is still a very useful skill imo. Almost necessary on gatherers and hunters

1 Like

Please pay attention to what you are reading. For foliage it says “Very Rare drop” meaning you can farm the heck out of the thing but the drop rates is likely less than 0.01%, so stick with desert sword plants for guaranteed leaves.

1 Like

I usually gather those leaves from Desert Sword plants.
You get at least one drop from each one. Just look for an area of desert, and there should be plenty.

If I’m looking for a drop from foliage it is generally for starberries.

1 Like

Yep dessert swords are the way. Sorissi is literally full of them. I can walk 30 seconds from my settlement and see like 20 of them at any time. Regularly get 100’s in like 10 mins of gathering. Will screenshot later.

1 Like

I think (maybe I’m wrong) but I think, he was asking if they changed something. Yeah swords are a good way to get the leaf. Fungus is also a great way to get shimmering orbs. However the game gives you options. He wanted to know if they’d taken away that option.

Ive never gotten a leaf from foliage… so no change in my experience!

I gather bark wood and star berries on Norkyna and only leave with maybe 10-15 of both inky and fibrous. And that’s after at least an hour with speed brews

Like an earlier comment by someone, I also have never obtained leaves from foliage, so learning you could is a shock. And it’s been my experience that the higher tiered planet you gather on, greater the chance for leaves, I mean higher numbers, sometimes I get 3, or 4 if I’m really lucky, send speaking of luck. Having your luck maxed out along with the 5 extra points spent at the top, plus epic gathering, helps slot with drop rates.

Question: You’re not re-harvesting stuff you placed, are you? They made it so that doesn’t drop stuff anymore.

They failed on that. I still get yams when i break soil I’ve placed.

Should report the issue :P. Obviously not working as intended.