Need a dose of dev art it's almost fatal

What is this?

It’s pretty! :smiley:

1 Like

Before the constant daytime for new player, it was the light source you got when you started.
You had to shake it to light it up.

3 Likes

I thought the same! Shame to let these graphics go to waste repurpose please devs!

Nice, so basically a light source that is NOT always on!

Would love ot if one day they would add such a thing, you interact with it to turn it on and off.
Then add a light switch which can function to do same for all light sources in it’s area of effect, can use same like user interface as locks where you can see when placing which it then controls. But with a bigger radius of course!

Would make things more fun

Heck, those switches could even be used in a variant to open and close doors
Ohh, a door.bell with a little sound and a flashing light! And then go open by hand or remotely!

With cctv system would be even better!

Ehmm yep, painkillers are kicking in, am fantasising mucho! :joy:

1 Like

This… This… This is an Oortian relic from ancient times. Old, gallant Oortians went into the wilderness armed by nothing but a wooden totem and this magical cube. Upon shaking this cube, a rattling sound would be heard, indicating a fellow Oortian is nearby. This cube would, then, emit a faint light that guided the Oortians to their ultimate glory. After the apocalypse, the known worlds ceased to exist and with them, the knowledge to create and wield this simple device was lost. Some speculate it can be recreated using the help of the Oortian elders, called develo… No one dares say their name.

16 Likes

I laughed so hard at this! XD

Best reply I’ve gotten in quite some time!

2 Likes

What if the light cube could be re added to the game but like a musical instrument, shake it and it makes a sound. Depending on mats used to make it that changes the pitch. I.e. brighter color refined gleam would make it a higher pitch vs something like black refined gleam

5 Likes

I just pictured a bunch of oortians gathering around a lounging area and they start jamming up the place. :joy: This would be beyond awesome!

3 Likes

Can it also be made to calm players down when you shake it near them? There are a few players I feel may need this as they refuse to take their >> Joy <<.

3 Likes

Lol. Looks legit! :joy:

I remember those things!! They did make quite the cute little wood rattle sound. Like putting a couple of marbles in those wooden wind chimes and shaking it gently. Loved it!

1 Like

OH! OH! OH!

These could be the flare sticks people have been suggesting for caving several times!

Shake it and then throw like a bomb and it lights up the area where it lands for the 5 mins before it despawns! One time use/consumable.

Crafted from gleam, rock and some under used and oversupplied item. The gleam determines the color of light!

@james ? :grin:

22 Likes

Flint @Kirinvar . I have so much flint that I could recreate the entire world of the Flintstones and still have too much flint left.

3 Likes

im getting all shaky again
need some dev art badly :smile:
seeing all these confused farmers around me
makes me nervous :joy:
We all looking like urbanus atm

10 Likes

Accuracy 110%

I’ve never seen this before, pretty entertaining

1 Like

That kinda reminds me of that old show “the red green show” when they used to do the black and white "adventures with Bill " segment! Haha

2 Likes

i think non dutch people can enjoy some off his shows
hes the number one funny guy in belgium nobody has gotten near his talent yet he also spend some time in holland with great succes

5 Likes

@the-moebius you Sir, are a community leader :smiley:
lol

2 Likes

Red green comparison would be honey hunting

3 Likes