Need help deciding

Hey guys,

So I have a massive build going up and it will probably take me until end of year to finish. I need help deciding when to open a portal to my shops, since they are a part of the build and incorporated in.

• Make a portal now and let others watch your build go up over time.
  • Make a portal only when you have full stock
  • Make a portal when fully complete

0 voters

i couldnā€™t decideā€¦

2 Likes

Make a portal when ypu are ready to sell some items and are ok with the current progress of your shop

4 Likes

Hmmm, hard to know what to do. Community seems split. I have some stock, but not a ton. Would be more for showing off the progress of my build. But not sure if that would benefit the community

1 Like

I would wait if you donā€™t plan promoting your shop later. Having portal to shop too early would give wrong impression it being dead one.

4 Likes

My experience afater doing so many different storesā€¦ is the first impression is the ONLY impression. If someone shows up, and you donā€™t have what they need in stock because you are still building up your stock, they may not returnā€¦

Of course, this was all before the Shop Scanner, so things may be quite different now. as some shop goers just head to wherever the arrow points on any given day =P

4 Likes

Hmm, okay. Sounds like I should probably not build a portal yet.

If anyone is interested in checking on my build over time, itā€™s going up on angel 1. My cousin is planning it with me.

I voted to make a portal only when fully complete. Only reason i did this is to prevent trolls from finding your build and plotting all around it.

6 Likes

Thanks, didnā€™t think about that

2 Likes

Itā€™s a sweet gesture to invite folks to watch the build go up Oort is wikkid spensive. If it doesnā€™t feel so dire to you just post a sign explaining whatā€™s happening and update it now & then so ppl look forward to new info etc

1 Like

Very wise words here. In-game as in real-life. First impressions count a million times harder than any other impression afterwards.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback guys. Iā€™ll wait to put any portals up.

Ya, i remember a certain store specificallyā€¦ made by a ā€œpopularā€ player, had lots of things, but the prices were absolutely INSANE expensive. I walked in, saw some of the prices, walked out and seriously never ever went back. That is just me, but i can imagine how many other players felt the same and just wrote that particular store off as ā€˜overpricedā€™

1 Like

They may have been using their shop as a well-organised closet and only dropped prices on stuff when they wanted to selll it. I run into 9,999 coin inky leaves, and thatā€™s even more fiendish than the 999,999,999,999 coin leaves.

I do sell paint sprays for 50c each at the moment. If anyone needs some. My stock isnā€™t large, still building it up. But it is there as a last resort if anyone is looking. They are in stands at my new build, if needed.