Need help getting creative worlds to work

I don’t know what the rest of you think, but… with all the accessable planets getting… Crowded… Ist’n it time we had a few more eu/us/aus starting planets to choose from sanctum?

1 Like

Things seem fine right now to me :woman_shrugging: 25 vast level 1 and level 2 planets to choose from - and 25 others. A couple of low level planets have crowded (plotted) areas, but they aren’t full.

The team is working on some big updates - possibly rental/creative planets, something with furniture, new decor, etc.

3 Likes

rental and creative p[lanets? where is this info?

well looks like i need to be a genius to make the creative world work :confused: i keep getting errors every time and i follow the instructions to the letter… oh well

Last time I tried it was just a matter of getting 1 world created, making sure it started ok, and then loading into it correctly. It is a bit confusing but once I understood how it loaded up I was able to get around the issue I had.

You’re not alone. I also followed the instructions. Couldn’t get it started correctly and gave up in frustration. I’d love to mess around in creative to test builds before spending the time and resources in the live world but I kept getting errors as well.

I used this but skipped the steps for adding the downloaded world… so skipped step 1,7,8,9 basically.

1. Download and unzip a world.
2. Start Boundless.

3. Open the **Creative** debugging UI.

4. **Start Discovery Server**

5. **Create** a new world.

6. **Start** the new creative world.

1. Stop the new creative world.
  2. Open Windows Explorer and copy the contents of the downloaded zip over the world likely found in a folder called: c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\server\creativeworlds\ID_OF_THE_WORLD_YOU_JUST_CREATED . Overwrite any duplicate files.
  3. Start the creative world again.
10. **Swap to Creative** .

It will say “stop” if the world is running, which means you can swap to creative.

11. Then you should see the new world in the Sanctum or in the sky of your other creative worlds - depending on how you set it up.

5 Likes

Added some quick screenshots in the above post but if you have questions just let me know. Also I found that if it says world offline, pressing the “teleport” button has fixed it for me and then the portal on the left opens.

1 Like

i dont see the screenshots :wink:

but the issue i have =

downloaded + unzipped to own folder? CHECK!
Start game? CHECK!
open creative menu from f1 menu? CHECK!
Starty server CHECK!
create new world? (within f1 creative server start xyz mode?) CHECK
START WORLD!? CHECK!!!
STOP? CHECK!!!
copied contents to creativeserve in fodler??? (&^^&%$&^$%&*^% CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!)

9 + 10 + 11 keeps bringing

cannot join server - RESTART/QUIT? >>>> SERVER OFFLINE >>>> get to character creatinon and game freezes>>>>>>>>>>>> get to world join = list says OFFLINE and game creashes!!!

*Besides why did the mods change my title??? WE DO need more official planets to START on FFS!!!

Try teleport or force teleport to started server, maybe it solves issue.

ADDED = the fodler auto creatse the creativeserver folder… (in server folder list)
I cut the downlaoded world from its own fodler… + `COPY to creativeserver fold IN the folder… now it has a folder named (1) in creativeserver folder + the Lush_world_XXXX folder…

and still nothing

Not quite sure I follow what you’re saying here, but I would like to help.
Where were you saying the folder called lush_world_xxxx was?

And, what do you have in Boundless/server/creativeworlds ?
Additionally it would probably be handy to see what the game is saying in the logs:

1 Like

Instructions:

1. Download and unzip a world.
  2. Start Boundless.
  3. Open the Creative debugging UI.
  4. Start Discovery Server .
  5. Create a new world with the correct profile for the world shown above.
  6. Start the new creative world.
  7. Stop the new creative world.
  8. Open Windows Explorer and copy the contents of the downloaded zip over the world likely found in a folder called: c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\server\creativeworlds\ID_OF_THE_WORLD_YOU_JUST_CREATED . Overwrite any duplicate files.
  9. Start the creative world again.
  10. Swap to Creative .
  11. Then you should see the new world in the Sanctum or in the sky of your other creative worlds - depending on how you set it up.

i have followed all steps to the letter… the LUSH_WORLD_0 is the world i am on about… i putt it over in the creativeserver folder… once it has been created and etc etc am i speaking another language here???

And it fails every time (note - i follow the instructions 100%!!!)

Please understand that I’m trying to help you.

The reason I asked is because there should be no folder within the Boundless/server/creativeworlds/ directory without a numerical name like 1, 2 etc and I was wondering whether you renamed your lush world folder to have a numerical name or not (the same numerical id as the folder which should have already been there after you created a new world in step 5).

It really is impossible for me to read minds (yours or your computer’s), so the only real way I can actually help you is if you tell me what is inside Boundless/server/creativeworlds/ (a screenshot would be great, but a list of directory names would also work)

And even better you could attach a game log (see my first reply for the post with instructions) from after one of the crashes you described.

1 Like

Click the triangles.

1 Like

screenshot of the folder… https://www.dropbox.com/s/exzo0j5ia9smmit/Screenshot%202020-06-09%2020.16.23.png?dl=0

the numbers are the amount of failures/tries i have done

1 Like

OK thanks, well nothing looks particularly wrong there, so would you be able to provide a game log from after one of the creative mode crashes?

Playing with it a bit on my laptop here at work. I did notice the first time I fired up creative, windows firewall asked if I wanted to allow it. When those popups came up did you allow it? If that’s not the issue, then what I did to clean my creative out was…

in this folder \Boundless\server\creativeworlds

I deleted all the folders 1,2,3 etc…

in this folder \Boundless\discovery\creativedb

I deleted all the contents…

Then I went back into boundless and did the process again and took a video of it. You might want to start with a clean slate, and just try making an empty flat planet first to make sure you can get that working before attempting the download / copy / paste worlds.

Edit to add:

The video only captures the game window so for info…

When you start the creative server there should be a popup with the title like this
StartCreative

and then when you start the world there will be another popup like this
StartWorld

Make sure you leave those open and running in the background while doing creative world stuff.

Edit2 to add the list of steps I followed:

Screenshots from my tests at home included in the steps… press triangles to show.

1. Start Boundless.

2. Open the **Creative** debugging UI.

3. **Start Discovery Server**

4. **Create** a new world.

5. **Start** the new creative world.

6. **Swap to Creative** .

It will say “stop” if the world is running, which means you can swap to creative.

7. Then you should see the new world in the Sanctum or in the sky of your other creative worlds - depending on how you set it up.

3 Likes