Need some help with a lava farm

Going to setup a kindling mass, goo and combustion farm. Looking for high seed yield then after crop yield or both. I have a layout in mind. Just looking to find best height to put gleam lights at and layout to get best yields. Ty

Combustion is easily sustainable just with Lava and Ancient corruption. I removed some lights so you can see how it is placed, there is nothing hidden.
I did not aim for max seed return, as it is faster to gather the seeds and run it in sustainable setup. But you can just add more Ancient corruption and chisel the lava in it or in the gravel. Max is 110% seed.

Kindling mass may get you max 105% with no crop return… with the growth time its not worth it.

Max Crop

Sustain

Max Seed - just added some bitumen to show, the setup is not made for it.

I place the lights (white gleam lanterns) between the support blocks or directly above.
At the Kindling farm, lava is chiseled in the gravel blocks.

2 Likes

Nice setups, I was thinking of redoing my combustion and kindling farms, I currently have kindling at 105 seeds but I occasionally get a crop, I assume from the farming epic or luck. And my combustion is a mix of high crops/high seeds, but I could plant much more in my space with your setup.