Needy natives

Can there be needy natives who give players quests, like monsters blew up my house, can you build me a new one? They provide a plot and certain requirements for size, furnishings ?
Maybe group quests, like monsters destroyed our village, can you and some friends build us a new village? Or maybe a wall around the village?
Maybe natives could quest players to build a road between their villages?

You Devi could see to it they thing get destroyed so the natives always have more work for players?

3 Likes

pleeeeeeease noooooo…

4 Likes

I actually really like this idea. Would help give me purpose and direction at times when I need it. Also make it totally optional. The more player choice we get the better.

I couldn’t find the thread but I’m pretty sure the devs have said there wont be npcs, I think someone was asking them to be like store clerks but as far as I remember it is a no from devs.

Indeed the idea for the game is that there is player content only, so as long that doesn’t change there will be no npcs and quests.

2 Likes

Reminds me vaguely of wildings in polycraft.

I like the idea, but I think Boundless works better as a fully player-driven experience, adding NPCs like that could take away from it.

5 Likes

Ahh ok it makes sense when you put it that way.

1 Like