New Beacons:)

finally no grey box:)

17 Likes

I love how those look. Truly something to showcase.

7 Likes

Instead of hiding them in the dark corners of a build, finally the beacon can see LIGHT

11 Likes

I renamed the post, It might generate unneeded confusion, as these are beacons and not plinths.

6 Likes

and campfire

Dzchan - thanks for edit lol

12 Likes

Wow! I’m going to need to craft a few hundred of these… I want to use them everywhere! Can you check and see if they emit light as well?

6 Likes

waiting for the night
EDIT: doesnt seem to cast its own light, no; maybe if it was in completely dark place I’d notice a weak light but in lighted surrounding it looks theres none

4 Likes

Nice!
So there’s a new test server update? :smiley:

2 Likes

Are they physically two blocks tall now?

If not, can you place a block inside the upper part of the beacon? I remember the post that introduced them, I’m just curious how they work in Testing.

3 Likes

its 1.5 block - if I remember correctly form what @jesshyland said you’ll be able to use half block props on top so

EDIT: I found it and hers the quote:

so, physiacally they are 1 block but occupying half of the adjacent block above

1 Like

I re-read 164 post and found this:

so, yeah - I might try to work on my concentration when reading ;p

wow! when is the new style coming to live?

1 Like

So they are 2 blocks high, but what if in live I already built my beacons inside my builds (I hide them cause they are just grey boxes)? It will destroy the beacon itself, the block below or above of it, or will it bug in? I will make room for them anyway to be ready for the live update, but curious about what will happen with built-around beacons.

2 Likes

I had 1 beacon directly below a bloc and it was expanded downward - so it took natural block below and its top landed where the old grey box was; I dont know what happens when its shoved between 2 blocks of your make (let’s say something valuable like gold or refined gleam etc) - you might brace yourself for losing one of them then;

so if you have your grey box squeezed inside your wall or floor or sth, you might think about moving it to a different location before new beacons go life

2 Likes