Contest: lattice! 150k first place, 100k second place, 50k third place [Ended]

Let’s see what you can do with lattice! So many possible effects. It really lends itself to steampunk designs, but there are other cool effects too with LEDs, liquids and more!

Come up with something cool! Post screenshots and directions below. Directions from Ult Hub or DK’s Ult Tree or TNT highly appreciated, I have trouble with PS myself haha.

Rules:
Make something cool, unique, detailed etc! Backstory for what your creation does is encouraged (if it’s a machine etc)
Judging to take place late October

15 Likes

Nice! :slight_smile: Great idea! I was about to enter a trellis I made, but I see we have until late Oct, so I’m going to play more with it first and see if I can do something more elaborate.

I have something planned that will heavily involve lattice work :smile: hopefully it will presentable by late October!

2 Likes

Sounds good. I like your base alrdy so some cool stuff coming :hugs:

1 Like

Can you lattice chisel liquid
Or can you just do some cool stuff

Damn you DK… now my mind isn’t at work anymore. What to do oh what to do with these little babies…

Edit @Pamst nope you cant chisel fluids, but fluids can pass thru chiseled blocks…

Edit 2: Anyone who has a wild imagination but 10thumbs with a chisel, PM me if you have an idea and we can go splitsies on first place :yum:

I just tried it, you can’t :confused:

Bump
Anybody ready to show off yet? I’ve seen some amazing stuff by Docker/HSE in game

1 Like

would love to see what peeps are up to!
Have started a small fun project myself but will take a few days.

I’ve only used it in small areas in combination with normal chiselling.
The water tower I made has a latter and pipe coming down.
Made some railings and light post around the tower of power.

18 Likes

i have been doing a lot more forging lately so deiced to bite the bullet and order a new forge enhancement unit. After much deliberation I decided to go with the newest Blink 182 forge enhancement unit.

this baby draws pure dark matter from umbris vats in the ceiling and runs it threw ionized rift rods which adds a pulsating positive/negative spin to the electrons in the dark matter converting it into light matter just before injecting it into a blink hyper core. The energy is then beamed directly into the bulb above the forge providing the perfect lite to work by.

The kit came with a new lattice chisel which I promptly threw out as I just bought some sweet ones at Techomancers(great deals that guy)
They were quite handy in the formation of the pipes moving the dark matter.

I used some shadow red gleam diodes to to keep the dark matter stable. using this new lattice tool I was able to make them quite small.

I used blue gleam diodes along the perimeter to cancel out the chaotic energy that happens any time you work with dark matter. It also adds a lovely light for the balcony.

If you want to have a look just head over to the portal seekers Boori hub and find the BooriMarrah city portal. you will find this at -1347N 943E.

16 Likes

Blink 182 forge. Hahaha. I like all the thought behind it. Cool stuff.

3 Likes

The blink 182 model makes kind of a whiny sound as it runs but once it’s up and running it has real staying power :joy:

6 Likes

A few more nominations:

Docker’s new hub in HSE
Vielle Grenouille by Ocelarys
Francofun city
TNT

I would like to nominate Docker’s Steam Punk tower in iLLumiNaughty! It’s soooo amazing! He took the lattice chisel to dinner and treater her right :joy:

1 Like

nothing impressive, just my new light system :slight_smile: WIP

2 Likes

The lattice chisel is definitely my new favourite tool! Even if i only use it to create these little ‘fireflies’ haha :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That is gorgeous!! :heart_eyes:

I might not get it done in time for the contest but I have something in mind now with latticed deco gleam. :slight_smile: I saw in Vex’s video that it looks really nice latticed - some of the other blocks too may make for some nice latticed work.

1 Like

Yep using the little glowing orbs/fireflies all over. Great for creating a little magic feel in builds.

2 Likes

:rofl:

maybe biased :wink: