New forum catagory

I think, maybe, a new forum catagory specifically for new player to ask for help, or about anything in game really, might be a good idea.

New players might feel more comfortable knowing this is where they are supposed to ask any questions.

Those vets that like to help can set their notifications to alert them and then respond, and if that’s not your thing (which is totally fine), you can mute the catagory and it won’t even show up.

Also allows for grouping together of hints and tips for new players, maybe even freeing up dev time as they know the player base will take care of questions in there, and only pass it on if we can’t help.

Call it ‘ask a vet’ or something similar (sounds better that ‘noob questions’ I think)

13 Likes

This is a good idea.

Also would like to see the forum get a makeover in general. I saw a suggestion a while back about the screenshots topic being to massive. It would be nice to archive most of it and keep the recent ones.

I bet there are many other good ideas out there.

2 Likes

A New Player Help section would be good so they’d be less likely to get replies like, “Do u even use the Search Bar bro?”

Lol I have the occasional noobish question from time to time, or have trouble finding the 2019 version of the answer to my question without having to sift through posts about how it worked in 1986.

1 Like

Perhaps a more general “player help” or “help needed” category would be better, as I’m uncertain at what point people stop being new players.

Any category created would need to be very easily discernible that it should be where people need to go to ask for help, as I often have to move posts out of the support and other categories.

5 Likes

On a forum of mine I got “Newbie Questions” I’m against noob naming

“Newcomer Help”?

I’d definitely love this idea coming to be a reality.