New Healing Bow idea

What do you guys think of a healing bow? We have bombs for area affect, but they down right suck with a bunch of crazing running Oorts in a hunt. Damn near impossible to get off effective heals. Usually I notice a huge waste of stamina, and No xp for heals.

A line of healing bows, to help really define a healer, and it can help pinpoint that moving target that is running for his life. We have bows for pinpoint shooting flying mobs, and bombs for area ground damage and healing, why not healing bows to?

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

You are meant to get XP from healing people that then go on to get XP iirc.
Great suggestion though :+1:
Whilst we’re at it, can we get the exploding darts too?

I was testing it on my last hunt with healing bombs. I would do the heal some and shoot some. And couldn’t tell I was getting xp from heals to,BUT then I waited and healed after the mobs were dead, and healed people with little hp, and I got zero xp. Not sure if this is normal if no mobs are around an injured player or not.

Well, as Luke said before: this is what should happen (but may not be)

I guess it makes sense, to keep ppl from standing around leveling up from healing each other. But it is way hard to get heals off in a group of people running all around trying escape disaster. Maybe double the healing bombs radius or something.

I would go as far as categorizing healing xp is pure luck at this point.

1 Like

Out of interest, are you using copper bombs?
Regardless, the forge should improve this, as you will be able to affect characteristics like radius :grinning:
Not an immediate fix, but … Yeah

1 Like

All gem for me on most everything I do.

So what I noticed all the time in a hunt, was I would throw a bomb, it rolled in, and everyone would be gone running for their lives by the time it would explode. Over and Over. So there is a small percent out of the bombs that ever healed anyone. No one stands still during a meteor hunt.

So sapphire bombs? Maybe charge the bombs up a bit more, as then they will explode on contact

1 Like

That’s my usual technique. Also control attribute seems to help me nail down those long range throws at moving targets. I also usually build a tower to help me get a downward angle on my target without getting knocked around by too much explosives.

I’d personally like to see totem healing augments that work a bit like the warp augment, but with a durability bar and a focused healing burst on a single target or a small AoE impact. I fear that healing slingbows may feel too same-y to damage dealing combat but in reverse.

4 Likes

That’s actually a really great idea, Healing augments in our totems. That reminds me, how does one get that cool totem I’ve rarely seen? Once I think I saw some for sale but didn’t have enough coin on me at the time.
How many points in control are you using> I did some test on it and it made no difference with bombs. they all exploded at the same amount of blocks out and were not any faster. Unless they changed it later in 190. My test were on the test server. Control does work for tools though.

That totem isn’t in game yet, so I doubt anyone has been selling it. Maybe you saw a request basket with one in? If there is one being sold, then idk how they got it!
Are you charging up the bombs before using them? Or letting them roll across the ground. That probably would make a difference…

Both. They don’t seem to heal on impact if the players are close, and go flying into the neither world. So if I am close I have been rolling them in.

Actually I can’t remember right, but I thought I saw them on a shop stand. How do people put items into a request basket or shop stand that does not exist yet? Like in Mobius plaza all the foods , before they were released. They were set up on display.

If you put an item into a shopping stand, it brings up similar items, so putting a regular totem in allows you to request the founder’s totem

1 Like